bread crumbs

Six. Hours. The signing took six hours. That means there was 360 minutes of watching girls gawk over Josh and flirt with him while you sat there wanting to kick their ass for s i x fucking h o u r s.

"Are we heading back to my place?" you asked the redhead and brunette.

"We can," Josh said with a grin.

"We can't?" Tyler interjected.

"Why not?" you asked.

"We're supposed to be performing in Indiana tomorrow and we're in Kansas, which makes for a 12 hour drive there. It's already 8 p.m.and the show is in less than 24 hours. We should probably leave right now in fact but we haven't." Tyler replied.

"Oh," you muttered with disappointment. "Well, then I'll get going."

You started walking towards the front of the building, on the brink of tears as Josh hadn't said a word since Tyler had spoke.

"Aren't you going to say something?" you asked Josh in a broken tone.

"I...I don't know what to say..." the redhead answered quietly while avoiding eye contact.

"Really?" you said with a trembling lip. "REALLY?"

Josh mindlessly stared at random items in the store as he stood next to Tyler, almost as if he was attempting to ignore you.

"You know what?" you whispered with your voice breaking in between words.

"Yes?" Josh said as he finally looked you into the eyes.

"Fuck you." you hissed while taking off your promise ring and throwing it at him.

You shook your head as tears fell down your cheeks, turning towards the front door of the store to leave.

Entering the parking lot. Josh didn't walk out.

Entering your car. Josh didn't come to the vehicle.

Leaving the parking lot and driving 20 minutes out of your way to go to the liquor store and buy booze. He never called.

Speeding home, you entered the house and slammed the door shut before bursting into hysterics.

I should've never let him back into my life. I'm a fucking idiot. you thought as you opened a thing of Vodka and drank it straight from the bottle. You know what? Screw Josh. I'm not gonna let him ruin my night.

You took another swig of alcohol, with your face contorting over the uncomfortable burn in the back of your throat. Walking to the bathroom, you started the bath and got undressed. As you went to turn on your music playlist you could feel yourself starting to loosen up thanks to the alcohol. Sitting down in the bath, your music started up and instantly threw your mood off.

Take you like a drug

I taste you on my tongue

You ask me what I'm thinking about

I'll tell you that I'm thinking about

Whatever you're thinking about

"Are you fucking shitting me? REALLY Spotify? Daddy Issues by The Neighbourhood? Oh piss off!" you griped as you sipped another thing of vodka.

*Incoming FaceTime call!*

"May I help youuuu?" you asked.

"Woa-kay!" Josh replied in shock as he saw you nude in the tub.

"Bye." you replied while rolling your eyes and hanging up.