2/8/19 - Inspirational

"Keep practicing," he told her. "Until I get it right?" She said. But he corrected her. "No. Until you don't get it wrong."

- John Flanagan, Ranger's Apprentice

This is good advice. In this case, they're talking about archery, but it could apply to anything.

Most people try until they get it right. They follow the principle of "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." They do that, and then they stop.

But what he is saying is that once you get something right, keep going, keep practicing until you never get it wrong. It's more like "Practice makes perfect."

Don't strive to get something right once, but keep at it until you always get it right. Master it.

For example, yesterday we got the choreography of my fight scene in "The Three Musketeers." We don't just practice until we do it right. We practice every day to make sure we get it perfect every time. 

And once you've reached the point that you never get it wrong, you can make it even better.

This can apply to anything. Math, sports, music, etc.

Whatever it is that you're doing, keep practicing until you never get it wrong. That is what will make you stand out amongst all the others competing for the attention of employers/teachers/audiences/etc.

So if you want to really shine, practice until you never get it wrong.

Please vote, comment, and share with your friends. Thank you! Bye! And keep practicing!