3/22/19 - Inspirational

"You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it."

― Maya Angelou

I put this quote today because I am facing defeat. We had our Theatre competition today, and we got 5 th place, so we didn't advance. We've put so much time and energy into this show for the past three months, but we didn't make it past level one. 

But that doesn't mean the show was a failure. Just because we didn't get the highest marks on the judges criteria, doesn't mean we didn't have a good show. It was a good show! We got so much laughter from the audience, and my director said that she got so into it that she forgot we were at competition. 

And just because a performance hits all the marks on the judge's list perfectly, doesn't mean it's a good show. 

I say we were successful because the audience enjoyed it, and we had fun. In the long run, it doesn't really matter if we won. What matters is the memories that we've made and the hard work that we've put into it. 

Instead of giving up, we learn from our defeats and they help us to grow stronger so we can do better in the future.

I'm sorry, this was mostly for myself today. I hope it inspired you anyways!

Please vote, comment, and share with your friends. Bye! Have a great night! And don't let failure bring you down!