4/22/19 - Funny

"If an optimist had his left arm chewed off by an alligator, he might say in a pleasant and hopeful voice, "Well this isn't too bad, I don't have a left arm anymore but at least nobody will ever ask me if I'm left-handed or right-handed," but most of us would say something more along the lines of, "Aaaaaa! My arm! My arm!"

― Lemony Snicket, Horseradish

Haha!!! I just find this hilarious right now because Blossom (my character in the play Antic Spring) is definitely that optimist.

The play is about six high schoolers who go on a picnic that goes from bad, to worse. 

It's filled with bad driving, spilled mayonnaise, a cut finger, breaking up (like, 3 times), rain, and lots of other bad stuff, including ants. LOTS of ants.

Blossom thinks it's a blast. Everyone else is miserable, but my overly optimistic character is having "more fun."

In fact, the last two lines of the play are:

BLOSSOM: Oh, isn't this rain more fun? Hasn't this been just the best picnic? Haven't we had just more fun?

THE OTHERS: No!

Blossom has some issues. Another of my lines is: "Are we going home now? Let's don't go home now. Elbert just pushed me in the brook and I had more fun. I'm having such a good time. I don't want to go home now."

Just before this, Elbert admits to dunking Blossom under three times. And she enjoyed it! To quote Elbert (talking to Blossom), "Say---what's the matter with you anyway?"

The answer is: a lot. Although, I am honestly having more fun playing this overly optimistic 14-year-old.

My uncle can also be one of those overly optimistic people. Maybe it's because he's super tolerant to pain.

So, a few years ago, he was teaching parkour, and he jumped of a balcony and sort of missed the mat. 

My Grandpa got a phone call from him, and their conversation went something like this:

Uncle: "Hi, Dad! How are you?"

Grandpa: "I'm good, how about you?"

Uncle: "Not so great. I'm going to the hospital now."

Grandpa: "Why? What happened?"

Uncle: "I broke my leg."

Grandpa: "How can you tell?"

Uncle: "Well, the bone's sticking out."

...

Yeah... I don't know if that was more optimism, or high pain tolerance.

Anyways, do you know any of those overly optimistic people?

Please vote, comment, and share with your friends. Bye! Have a wonderful day! And try to be optimistic (but not too optimistic;)!!!!!