4/19/19 - Inspirational

"The Savior has suffered not just for our iniquities but also for the inequality, the unfairness, the pain, the anguish, and the emotional distresses that so frequently beset us. There is no physical pain, no anguish of soul, no suffering of spirit, no infirmity or weakness that you or I ever experience during our mortal journey that the Savior did not experience first. You and I in a moment of weakness may cry out, 'No one understands. No one knows.' No human being, perhaps, knows. But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He felt and bore our burdens before we ever did. And because He paid the ultimate price and bore that burden, He has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm of mercy in so many phases of our life. He can reach out, touch, succor—literally run to us—and strengthen us to be more than we could ever be and help us to do that which we could never do through relying upon only our own power."

- David A. Bednar 

As you may know, today is Good Friday. This is a day to celebrate Jesus's death. 

He was forced to carry his cross up a hill, being abused and scorned along the way. Then a crown of thorns was placed upon His head, and nails were driven through His hands and feet. Christ hung from the cross, killed at the hands of His own people. 

His crime? Performing miracles. Healing the sick, causing the blind to see, and raising the dead. Preaching the true and everlasting gospel.

Yet, He forgave those who killed him in all His innocence. 

It makes me wonder, how much more than should I forgive others? Sometimes it's hard to forgive, but if Jesus could forgive those who killed Him, what crime can I not forgive?

Before His death upon the cross of Calvary, Jesus experienced an unfathomable amount of suffering in the Garden of Gethsemene---pain so great that He bled from every pore.

Why? Because He loves us. He loves us so much that He made the ultimate sacrifice so we don't have to suffer. 

He felt every pain and sorrow every human who has ever lived and who ever will live has felt and every will feel. That amount of pain would kill a normal person. 

Because He suffered, He can empathize with you, no matter what you're going through. Whether it's physical pain, ranging from something as small as a paper cut to something as big as bullet wounds, he's felt it. 

Or emotional pain; whether it's mild disappointment that something didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, or if it's a hurt so deep that your heart feels like it shattered into a million pieces, unable to mend.

No matter what you're going through, turn to Christ for comfort. He not only knows how you feel, He understands how you feel. And He can help you through it.

Please vote, comment, and share with your friends. Bye! Have a wonderful day! And remember what Jesus did for you so you wouldn't have to suffer.