Special Chapter 13B: Buena Mano

Kelso's P.O.V.

Halfway through Game 1.

Taylor [on the line]: Where are you?

If I can count the many times Taylor's asked me where I am today, I would be thousands of pesos richer.

Kelso [on the line]: Here at the arena.

Taylor [on the line]: Okay, let me rephrase that. Where exactly at the arena are you?

Kelso [on the line]: You see the bench where the Fighting Maroons are? Just behind that lang. Tayo ako so you can see me.

I stand up. Which is totally pointless because I have no idea where Taylor and Brian's seats are to be exact from where I'm currently situated. I have the area and the seat number but I have yet to get there.

Taylor [on the line]: Seryoso, Kelso? Iba na yan, ha! Hindi maka-stay away kay Jake?

Kelso [on the line]: I'm taking photographs, bakla.

Taylor [on the line]: Ahhhhh... Taking photographs... Sige lang... If that's what you wanna call it.

And he's implying what?

Kelso [on the line]: I'll never hear the end of this, will I?

Taylor [on the line]: Ay oo!

Taylor answers with a firm resolve na parang he won or something.

Kelso [on the line]: Mamaya na, okay?

Taylor [on the line]: Sure! You owe me and Brian dinner.

Kelso [on the line]: Dinner lang?

Taylor [on the line]: Vikings! 

Kelso [on the line]: Vikings? Takaw ha!

Taylor [on the line]: Brian says "No Way But the Buffet" daw.

Kelso [on the line]: Fine! Later na.

Taylor [on the line]: Bye!

Kelso [on the line]: Bye!

The call ends. I put my phone in my pocket and make my way to the steps papunta sa dugout. Now that the opening ceremonies are over and the game is halfway, I expect na there's not much people na there. The halftime cheering thing is starting and I'm not really keen on just waiting here. Wala pa kasi me photos ng Men's Basketball Team namin up close in that area.

As I make my way up the steps to the access, I hear a female voice call me.

"Kelso!"

I turn to my left to see where the voice is coming from.

It's Jake's Mom, Tita Agnes. She's seated beside Jake's older brother, si Kuya Mack, and a gentleman about her age to her right.

Kelso: Hi Tita!

I greet her.

Kelso: Hello po.

I greet din si Kuya Mack and that gentleman na kasama nila.

Tita Agnes, Jake's Mom: Saan ka papunta?

Kelso: Uhhhh, I'm going to take behind the scene photos po of the team.

Tita Agnes, Jake's Mom: Ah Kelso, si Ramon pala. Father nina Jake at Mack.

Kelso: Kelso po, sir. Kelso del Rosario.

I offer my hand.

Ramon, Jake's Dad: Nice to meet you, Kelso.

He responds with his and we shake hands.