Chapter 50- Broken Promise

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Violetta's POV:

My mind was spinning like crazy! Leon wants to marry me? I'm only 18! Teen marriages wouldn't work out anyway! I mean at least what I see on tv.... Why did he have to go and make everything dificult? How do I say yes? What would my dad say? How could I go to Mexico with him and leave everyone else behind?!

"L-Leon, are you serious?!" I say after what seemed like a whole minute.

"I'm serious Violetta, I know it's a little fast but I am in love with you and I want to always be with you"

"Leon, w-we aren't ready! We're 18 years old!"

"Violetta, didn't your dad get married to your mom when they were 18?"

"B-But that's different..."

"No it's not..." He says shaking his head. "Please Violetta, if we really love each other, then it shouldn't matter what age you marry"

"Leon... My dad won't approve of me going to Mexico with you"

"We'll talk to him together, please just trust me"

"Leon..." My voice breaks and now I'm crying.

"Violetta, I will never stop loving you"

His words were sweet but they were breaking my heart. I had to find a way to tell him... Tell him that I'm not ready... I didn't want to break his heart as it would mine too... But I had no other choice.

"Please say yes" he says continuing to look into my eyes.

I look him straight in the eyes and hold my breath.

"Okay, yes"

"Really?" He asks softly.

I nod my head and smile.

He stands up and hugs me tightly.

"I love you so much!"

"I love you too!" I smile.

He lets out a breath and then takes the ring out of the box.

He places it on my ring finger as I cry tears of joy.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together, my love" Leon smiles.

"Me too".

---

•ғew мonтнѕ laтer on тнe day oғ тнe weddιng•

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in" I say.

"Hey Vilu! You look stunning!"

"T-thanks Angie" I smile.

"Vilu, are you nervous?"

"Um... A little"

"Oh it's fine to be! All brides are nervous before the ceremony! I remember when I married your father!"

"Angie..."

"Yes?"

"Do you think I'm doing the right thing? I mean... Do you approve of this? Don't you think we're moving a little too fast?"

"Oh Vilu..."

She sighs and sits down beside me on my bed.

"I see you with Leon and I know that you too make each other very happy, which Is all i want for the both of you, so of course i approve of your happiness... But If you aren't ready to commit you don't have to... I'm just saying that you don't have to worry so much about whether you're ready or not if you're happy and in love"