The Typewriter

Third Person (2k words)

This story is fictional, everything made up in this story is FAKE! So like the name of the type writer mentioned, I'm not sure if it even exists. So yeah, everything you read in this story, whether if it's a drug or any item, if it isn't something recognizable, it's highly probably something made up!

Thanks👏🏽
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scott didn't really have many more families he need to hit up anymore, the typewriter lead was something he needed to do. Since the rare typewriter could reveal the killer. It was a major lead, and if the answers were what he wanted that could get him the killer.

Scott was a old time friend of Thomas, the old man who owns the antique shop. Scott walked in through the door, happy to take in the smell of the place.

Thomas was known for the typewriters he sold but he was really a antique shop, he sold many old items that people could use to spice up the look of their homes. Inside you could just hear the sounds of antique clocked ticking away at time.

Both Scott and Lauren walked through the place as Scott called for his friend, "Thomas". Scott yelled on good time. He knew the man's hearing was getting old. He went walking right to the back, he already knew his away around the place.

The antique shop wasn't big, it had the front where all the items were, then a little hallway in the back where Theo has his desk then another spacey room in the back where, all the files were.

Scott walked to the back and right where he thought so, he saw the old man sitting at his desk. He placed a soft hand on his shoulder letting the older man know someone was here.

Thomas, turned and looked at Scott. "Who is it?" He said, clearly needing a memory boost.

"It's me! Scott! Scott Norman". Scott said aloud, not surprised that the elderly man forgot his face. It's not like he's been around in a while.

"Scott? SCOTT!" The elderly man spoke his remembrance was uncanny. "It's nice to see you again".

Scott chuckled. Again, he hasn't seen this friend of his in a long time. "This is Lauren, she's a friend".

Lauren peeked her head in, "Hello". She said nicely. Making Thomas smile.

"Hello, young lady". Thomas spoke and then remembered something by the looks in his face. "How long has it been Scott".

"I don't know about 10 years". He chuckled and Thomas returned that chuckle.

"When you get to be my age, time doesn't mean much anymore. I fix clocks but I try to forget about time". He chuckled.

"10 years, and you still haven't changed a bit have you Thomas".

"Time didn't change this old timer. Now I know I seen a bottle of scotch around here somewhere". Old man Thomas made his way to the back of the front area behind a register. As a telephone rang Thomas then asked, "Scott can you do a old man a favor and tell them to call back later this afternoon".

"Sure". Scott said with a smile, as he walked over to a black phone. It wasn't even a new times phone. He answered with a calm, "Hello". Then a pause while the person over the phone spoke to him. "Yes this is Thomas's, but he's busy could you call back later this afternoon.....alright thanks". Then the phone was back on the hook.

When Scott returned to the register Thomas already had two shit glasses filled with the Golden liquor in it. "To old friends". Thomas said cheerfully but not to loud. They clinked the two shot glasses and took the shot of the liquor.

"So Thomas, can you help me out with a little something".

"Sure Scott, what's is it that you need?". Scott turns his upper body to the side pulling out the letter Lauren gave him from before. Lauren was eyeballing a jewelry box which got Thomas's attention.