57) An Understanding

The rest of Alec's day went in a blur as he figured out what to tell Magnus about his financial situation. He didn't want Magnus to think he was only talking to him about it because he was looking for the money to help him rather then wanting to share his life with his partner. He knew that Luke was right, that he needed to speak to Magnus but if he was really honest with himself, he felt guilty. He knew that it was his own fault, missing days to spend time with Magnus, paying Simon extra money so he would cover, giving products away. He just felt like everyone was always doing stuff for him, and this was his way of giving back.

Closing up the shop that night, Alec decided to take the walk back to his apartment knowing that Magnus was already there because he had texted him about ordering some take out. He could tell that Magnus was already worried about him because of his tone, sensing that there was something off with him when he didn't really talk to Magnus on the phone. Only saying that he would see him when he got home but he knew Magnus didn't want to pry until he saw him in person.

Walking through the front door, Alec frowned as he entered. His living room light was off but lit up by a scattering of candles on every surface. Nathan Sykes- Over and Over again, playing softly in the background had Alec confused as he wondered what was going on. His small dining table in the middle of the kitchen was now covered in a clean table cloth, and set of two with a small vase containing a single rose in the centre.

"Magnus?" Alec called out, shutting the door and looking around.

"Coming baby.  Hold on. Wait there" Magnus called out from the bedroom stopping Alec in his tracks before turning to take his shoes off.

"What's going on? What is all this?" Alec asked, looking around his home, normally just basic and liveable but now changed to a romantic setting that made him a little overwhelmed. He had seen it like this before, but only once, when he had proposed to Magnus but even then it wasn't this well presented. Every detail was planned perfectly.

"I thought we could have a romantic evening together. You sounded stressed on the phone so I thought I'd do something nice for you. To cheer you up? D-do you not like it? Is it too much?" Magnus replied as he came out the bedroom in a 3 piece black and purple suit but then see Alec's shocked face, he felt like maybe he had done too much.

"No. No not at all... its beautiful. I...I just didn't expect this. Thank you my love" Alec smiled, seeing the relief flood into Magnus's face as he came closer to him. "I think I'm a little... well... unattractive compared to you though. Do I have time for a shower?"

"Alexander you are always insanely attractive to me. Sweaty and gross from work or fresh out the shower. You are irresistible to me" Magnus smiled standing in front of Alec and looking up into his golden hazel eyes. "Why don't I meet you half way? You can go and change into some clean clothes... then after we have eaten.. we have dessert together, in the shower"

Alec couldn't help the grin that pulled at the corner of his lips as he looked down at Magnus. Pure love and affection for the man in front of him. Sweeping a little of Magnus's hair from over his eye back on top of his head, Alec leaned down and put a small kiss to his lips putting two fingers under Magnus's chin to lift his head up more as he leaned down a little. He loved that Magnus was the tiny bit shorter then him, They was the perfect height for one another.

"Deal. Let me get changed and I'll come back. Anything in particular I should wear?" Alec asked as he ran his lips barely over Magnus's.

"Other then Nothing... maybe that suit that you never wear" Magnus smiled softly as he ran his hands into Alec's hair. Trying to pull his head to his lips but failing. 

"Okay" Alec smiled, putting a kiss to Magnus's begging lips before pulling away, chuckling softly as he saw Magnus's lips chase his when he moved. "Ill be back soon"