Heroes

We're nothing, and nothing will help us
Maybe we're lying, then you better not stay
But we could be safer, just for one day.

•••

The sunlight on Finn's face was warm, but it was nothing compared to the warmth of Millie cuddled up next to him.

He looked down at her and all of her natural beauty, something he thought he would never get over. Two days with her and it was like he was falling in love all over again. He had never stopped, of course, but this time it was different. The second time loving her was new because she was new. She was confident and happy and this time she wasn't hiding anything. She was still just Millie, but this time around she was embracing just Millie.

"Hello," Millie's soft voice spoke.

Finn's eyes locked with Millie's and she leaned forward, kissing his lips lightly before lying back down.

"How long have you been awake?" she asked.

Finn shrugged and pulled her closer. He didn't want to speak too much. He just wanted to savor the moment with his girl, and words weren't needed for that.

"I'm hungry," Millie spoke in Finn's absence of words.

Finn grabbed the paper off the side table next to the bed. Millie sat up and kissed his cheek as he picked up the phone. He watched as she walked over to the bathroom and closed the door.

Millie looked at herself in the mirror. She gave herself a small smile as she ran her fingers across the couple of marks on her neck. She knew she would have to hide these when she went to her photoshoot but that was the least of her worries at the moment. She was only worried about Finn right now. He was here and they were together, and she knew he had a lot more to deal with when they returned home.

She was worried about after. About what they were going to do when they were brought back into reality. It was all fun and games at the moment, being with the one person she wanted to be with. The end was near though and she could feel it.

"Mills?" Finn knocked on the bathroom door lightly, "I ordered you coffee."

"I think I'm going to shower first," Millie replied with a small voice.

It was quiet for a few seconds, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," Millie replied quickly.

It was quiet again before the knob was turning and Finn was entering the bathroom. Millie looked up at him as he gave her a reassuring nod, his hand going out towards her. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards himself, capturing her in his arms so that their chests touched.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing I-" Millie started to speak but Finn stopped her.

"I can tell when something's up," he said shaking his head. His stare was intense and Millie looked down.

She looked back up to lock eyes, "I just know this is all ending so soon and I hate it."

Finn sighed, "I told you, we'll figure it out okay?"

"But what if we don't? What if this all blows up in our faces?" Millie's words were laced with nerves and worry.

Finn placed his forehead on Millie's and took a deep breath in as he closed his eyes. He opened them again and they locked with hers.

"We'll handle it. We've been through so much already, this is nothing we can't handle."

Millie nodded and took in every single word of Finn's. He seemed so certain and she knew he was only speaking the truth, but what if they couldn't handle it this time? What if it was too much weight to carry and they were crushed underneath it all?