For Him.

We're not a commercial for everyone else
We go out for coffee and keep to ourselves
We make little homes out of three star hotels
I know what you're feeling cause I feel it as well.

•••

Getting Eric to agree proved to be rather easy.

At least compared to how Jack reacted. He was worried of course, everyone was, but his worry came off as anger. He didn't see why anyone would trust Millie to take Finn away for even a day. Why would Finn be okay with anyone besides people who could help him.

Mary saw Millie as someone who would be able to help. If anyone was able to get into his head then it would be her. Of course there were worries though, because Finn was unpredictable at this point and the last thing Mary wanted was for Millie to get hurt. But Millie was a smart girl and Mary knew that as well.

It was quick. While Finn recovered a bit from throwing up all morning, Millie and Mary packed him a small bag of clothes and all of his toiletries. Millie washed some of her clothes from her trip to Caleb and Noah's and then the two were off.

The exit out the back of the building became very convenient then, and Millie wondered why Finn had always made them go out the front of the building whenever they left his apartment. Millie sat in her seat comfortably as the car drove on while Finn slept with his head in her lap.

He hadn't changed or anything before they had left, so his clothes were wrinkled and his appearance was still rather unpleasant. The stench that came off of him had Millie cringing and spraying a bit of her own coconut scented perfume over him while he slept.

Millie wanted to pretend they were just on a getaway together but it was hard not to think of what was really going on when she looked down at the person asleep on her lap. He gave the whole thing away, from the dried vomit on his lips to the greasy purple strands of hair that were splayed across his face. He smelled of someone who hadn't showered in awhile because he most likely hadn't, and his tongue was white due to the lack of dental hygiene he had over the days.

A small snore trailed to Millie's ears and she looked back out the window. She couldn't look at him anymore, it just hurt too much. She had to think of the way she would convince him to go to rehab. She needed to make him realize what he was doing. To everyone else he had given up, but deep down Millie knew that was just a front he was putting up because he was scared. And too see the one who was usually strong so broken? It terrified her.

Their destination? Simple. It was an hour outside of New York city. A small three star hotel in the suburbs, nothing special or fancy. She had gotten them a room, just a plain old room. A bed, a nightstand, a shitty television that only played the news, and a bathroom that was rather tiny. Millie went to check them in. She kept her sunglasses on and her head low, a worry of being recognized clear in her behavior. She was in and out in minutes, her steps quick as she walked back out to the car to collect Finn and their belongings.

He was groggy and weak. Each step felt like a mile as he walked. The room was on the outskirts of the hotel, so they only had to go up one flight of stairs. Even that proved to be a mission in itself though. Millie left their few bags at the bottom of the stairs and slung Finn's arm over her shoulder. His bodily ordor traveled to her nose quickly and she tried to hold her breath to escape it.

"Okay, we just have to get up these steps," Millie said to Finn.

He hummed in reply and stepped heavily up each step, half of his body weight on Millie the entire way. She struggled to get the card into the door but ended up successful after a couple of tries. The two were in the room then and Millie looked around. Finn pulled away from her and practically fell to the floor, his back against the bed and his head leaning down so that his chin was almost touching his chest. Millie sighed before running back out to collect their bags.