Constant Calling

Chapter Six

Constant Calling + Date

---

RINNGG

RINGG

RING

RI-

Conrad. That's who keeps on calling. I yell out in frustration and press the end call button. Since I destroyed my phone he figured it would be okay to call on landline.

How he got my number? Our families are close. And we still are. Apparently so is Kyle's family and mine. My mum and his dad were dating in high school. Ew. I laughed at first but realised that my mum was actually serious. (My mum met my dad in College).

RINGG!

I groaned loudly an continued to work in the kitchen. I had too much work. This sucks. And to top it all of we have a stupid project.

RINGG! RING! RIINNGGG!

I unhooked the phone from the wall and held it to my ear. I stayed quiet, listening to the other line.

"Melody?" I stayed quiet. "Hey Mel?" I tried to hide the smirk that was forming on my lips. "Melody!" I pulled the phone from my ear. Damn this boy was loud. It was like somebody playing the trumpet right into your ear- besides all the spit.

"Damn Conrad!" I covered my mouth after I let it slip. Shit. He heard me, I quickly slammed the phone onto the wall. And let out a short intake of breath.

RING. RINNNGG. RING

Ignore it Mel.

RING. RING. RING

Don't pick it up. I touched my lips, I was certain I still had his lingering touch, on my lips. After countless hours trying to wipe it off with a sponge and dishwater I could still feel it. Was this supposed to happen after every kiss? Or is it just your first?

RING. RING-

The front door opened and my drenched mother and father walked in. "God. It hasn't rained this badly since last Christmas!" I chuckled and nodded.

"Oh. Hey honey, how was school?" besides getting my first kiss stolen? Great!

"Uh it's okay... I guess." He nods and turns to my mum. They exchange glances and I furrow my eyebrows, confused. "Am I missing something?"

"No darling. I'm going to bring the bags up." My dad picked up all the shopping bags and goes upstairs.

RING!

I groan and ignore the call. Mum was about to pick up the phone but I swatted her hand away. "No!"

"Why?" She says, hands on her hips. "Who is it?"

"A person who I don't want to talk to right now."

"Melody. Who is it." My eyes trail up to her stern face.

"Conrad." Her eyes open wide in amazement.

"What did that boy do now?" Did I mention that I told her about my diary? Well I did. And I kinda got forced to. She caught me crying back into the house and saw everything that night.

"Nothing." I say quietly. I don't want her to know about the kiss. She won't understand. What she doesn't know won't kill her.

"Then why don't you pick up the damn phone?" I shrug. I don't bother looking her in the eyes, instead look at the ground by her feet.

RING RING RING

"Fine." I unhook the phone from the wall and hold it to my chest. I walk passed her and outside. I don't know why I'm going outside. Maybe because I can have more privacy.

I close the door behind me and place the phone to my ear.

"Melody?" I sigh. I might as well get this over with.

"Yeah?" I can literally hear the smile appearing on his face.

"Please don't hang up." I smile at his sincereness.

"I won't. Just want do you want?" I say.

"I'm sorry 'bout kissing you." I drop the phone. Thump. My eyes widen. Did he just apologise about kissing me? It took me second to regain my thoughts and picked up the phone.

"Sorry. It slipped." I lie. Why would he apologise? I mean like doesn't he hate me? Of course he doesn't Mel, he kissed you didn't he? And now he's apologising?

"Look. I didn't mean to kiss you. I just couldn't help myself, Conrad-" what? Conrad? Isn't this Conrad speaking? Is this some sort of joke! I should have realised Conrad's too . . . too . . . I don't know. But he's too much of a player to know when he's really hurt a person.

"Uh. I mean-" he - whoever the fuck he is - tried to save Conrad ass but I butted in.

"Save it Conrad. Or whoever the fuck you are. Tell Conrad, that I'm not his little play-toy. If he really want to apologise. Tell me personally, don't get some dick to do your dirty work."

"Melody! Wait, this is Conrad. Well now it is." I roll my eyes. I know it really is him, now. I could hear the deepness in his voice.

"What, if this is one of you ways to torture me-"

"No. It isn't. Meet me at the park. Now. If you really want to hear me apologise." I scoffed. He can't be serious.

"No." I say. This time it's easy. I don't care. He doesn't deserve me to accept his apology. "If this is want you want to here then listen up: I forgive you Conrad. Even how much of a dick you've been I forgive you." I wait for his comeback but he just sighs loudly.

"Mel . . . " I bite back the tears. His voice sounds so much like his. My brother. I sigh and close my eyes dreading what I'm about to say.

"Fine. I'll come. And you better be there and not someone else."

------END OF CHAPTER SIX------

Nothing....

- Nat

*Next Chapter is Prewritten*