Emotional? Self Control? Bullshit.

Chapter Thirty Two
Emotional? Self-control? Bullshit.

---

I fell asleep on the window sill. I woke up with a cramp in my legs and my butt was numb from sitting for too long. But it subsided after a few minutes of walking from the window to the bathroom.

It's still raining. It's pitch black outside besides all the street lamps lighting up the roads. I rub my eyes and stretch my arms above my head and stand on my tippy toes. I yawn and give a little sniffle. I rub my arms and realise that I'm still in my school clothes.

I strip out of my clothes and dress into my matching light blue flannel pants and long-sleeved shirt. I grab a black thin blanket and wrap it around my body.

My stomach growled as I step down the stairs. My dad's not in the living room or him bedroom, so he's probably working late tonight. I walk into the kitchen to find it empty.

"Mum?" I call out. "Dad?" I walk up the stairs but as soon as my foot touches the first stair:

"You parents are out for dinner. They tried waking you but you brushed them off." He calls out in the darkness. I freeze in my position, scared to turn around.

"They called me over just to make sure you don't get worried or anything-"

"Well I know now, so you can go." I say still looking up at my parents door at the top of the stairs and not at him.

"They also told me to make sure you have dinner." He adds.

"Not hungry." I take the first step.

"You have to eat something Mel. You didn't even eat lunch or breakfast. It's 7pm now. You couldn't possibly go without eating for more then twelve hours and say you aren't hungry."

"I'll order a pizza, happy? Can you go now?" My footfalls on the stairs are echoing the silence in the room as I take a few steps.

I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

"Melody, you can't just push me away. I need to talk to you." He says, I could feel his presence at the bottom of the stairs staring at me with pleading icy blue eyes that I love. No, self-control Mel.

"There's nothing to talk about, Kyle." I take a few more steps until I'm at the top of the stairs. "Go home."

Won't you stay with me? 'Cause you're all I need.

I walk to my bedroom door and place my hand on the handle before he speaks again. "Mel please, don't do this."

Why am I so emotional?
No, it's not a good look, gain some self-control

Self control? "Do what? You had your chance Kyle. I apologised, I told you how much I loved you. But when it was your chance to reply? You blew me off Kyle. You know that? You stayed quiet like I asked you something stupid. Is that what it was Kyle? Was all I said stupid and meaningless? Is that what I am to you? Is that what thought you get out when I said I love you?

"Go home, Kyle." I say after awhile. I turn the knob and take a step into the room. I close the door behind my with my foot so I don't have to turn around.

But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt?

No he can't. I could hear his footfalls run up the stairs. "Melody." He grabs my hand but doesn't make me turn to face him. "Please. I-I don't know what to say. I didn't know what to say." He sighs and grips my hand tighter.

"I love you." He says after a while. I shake my hand away from his grip. Remembering Alex. The bathroom. Stella.

I touch my jaw. I feel dry blood. I press down but the pains gone. I take a step deeper into the room. "I'll order a pizza. You can go."