Wisdom In The Words: Part Two

Chapter Forty Nine
Wisdom In The Words: Part Two

IM EATING VANILLA ICEE CREAMM!! And my fork just fell . . . Yes, I eat ice cream with a fork.
Liam if your reading this:
I HATE SPOONS TOO!
But I have To use them... Because of my parents

---

The grey light flickers then turns completely off. My whole body tenses.

"Mu wah ha ha ha!" A cackle laugher fills the air and makes us jump. "Mu wah ha ha ha!" Again it starts, again and again like on replay.

Then a offhh sound like heavy breathing plays over the cackling witch.

Then all the sounds abruptly stop, "what the . . . " Tavel starts. Then on and off flashes of white, then pink, then red, then darker red, then continued getting darker until it reaches blood red-black. One blood-red black flash later it stays black.

Then the cackling starts again, and then the heavy breathing comes on. Then the sound of a bomb ticking away.

"Hurry guys! Find the exit!" Talia yells, she runs right into me making me stumbling a few steps.

"Wait!" I scream, the voices drop and the flashing lights come on. "Conrad, your with me. Tavel stay with Tal, when the lights go off stay still." I grab Conrad's hand, interlacing our fingers and run in the opposite direction.

Wood fencing is the walls of the maze, but they don't touch the ceiling. I look up at Conrad, my eyes staying at his lips.

Snap out of it Mel.

The room floods black. I press my body against the fencing. Conrad squeezes my hand. I look up at him, but I can't see anything.

The sounds start coming on one by one.
I count the seconds it lasts taking a step too early.

The room turns beet red but doesn't flash. I take another step, Conrad steps away from the wall and stands besides me. In a millisecond, the ceiling has holes in it and fake corpses hanging from ropes fall from the holes hanging by their necks.

"Aahh!" Talia screams from across the room. The bodies start jerking and screaming as if they were alive. The bag of one of the heads rips apart from his head revealing a burnt face with patches of blood.

I scream for a second along with her, I turn away looking at the fencing.

The room flickers off turning black. The flashes of white, pink, and red floods across the room the timer starting again.

The hanging corpses are gone, it's like it was never there.

"I found the door," Tavel yells from across the room.

Conrad holds my hand tightly pulling me, and sprinting across the room. "Keep on waving Tav!" He yells. He moves left and right through walls like he has it memorised in his head.

The room flashes the darkest red then fades into black. Conrad holds me close, his face in my hair. "Stay still," he whispers, I nod. "Fall down!" He lifts his head up from my hair to yell at Tavel and Talia. I notice them a metre away, Talia sees me just as the room turns liquorice black.

He slowly kneels to the ground and I fall with him. The hanging bodies fall from the ceiling as well as the voices coming alive.

But Conrad doesn't wait for them to be over, he pulls me up in the dark wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Tavel," he says, "open the door."

The sound of metal against metal shuts up the noises, he leads me into the room with Tavel and Talia close behind.