Relate?

Chapter Thirty Six
Relate?

I thinkkk the title of this chappie explains it alllll. Or does it? I don't know. I couldn't think of a more creative title. Lol.

---

"So I'm following the map that lead to you
The map that to you
Ain't nothing I can do
The map that lead to you
Following following following
To you
The maps that lead to you
Ain't nothing I can do
The maps that lead to you
Following following following"

I sing as I do my homework. I randomly scroll through my email inbox looking for an important email. I find one from Ms Belle and click on it.

Class,
The homework is due tomorrow. There's no school next week because of the Carnival. So I expect all of you to come to my class at the end of the school to present your assignment to the rest of the class.
Merci,
Ms Belle

"Shit." I mumble to myself. I flop of my bed and pick up my bag off the floor and take out my French notebook and flip to the questions we were supposed to do for homework.

1) Pick a French quote
2) Translate to English
3) In bullet points, explain your pick

I sigh; that's easy. I create a new tab and pick up a pen. I mark question one.

I type French quotes and scroll through a list of boring quotes. Then one catches my eye.

C'est Courageux D'aller Dans L'inconnu

I click on the link and I scroll down the website until my eyes meets the quote again. Underneath is the translation.

It is courageous to go in territory unknown.

I copy the French quote down. I write the translation down. Perfect. Now for an explanation.

It is courageous to go in territory unknown.

Territory unknown? What's unknown?

Conrad. My mind tells me.

Conrad? I know him. He not unknown.

"You know nothing about me Melody. You know nothing about my background. How do you know if I trust you? You fucking cheated on Kyle with me! How do I know you won't do the same with me?"

I sigh and start bullet pointing what comes into my mind.

• Discovering new things
• Find out things about people

"My problem? My fucking problem is you! Why can you see past him? Past the outer-shell? You fucking don't see him when he's not around you. He a complete douche."

• To try out new things
• To go to a place you aren't comfortable with
• See a new side of things
• Go past your boundaries

I close my book and pause the song; I press the wrong button and Animals by Marron 5 starts playing.

"Baby, I'm preying on you tonight
Hunt you down eat you alive
Just like animals animals
Like animals-mals"

A smile appears on my lips and I toss my books in my bag and jump off my bed. I stand in front of my armoire next to my closet and randomly sing the lyrics.

"So what are you trying to do to me?" I move my head side to side twirling my body around. I run my hand upwards into my hair. "It's like we can't stop we're-"

"I shake it off, shake it off."

I stop dancing and pause the song. I pick up my phone on my bed; pressing the phone to my ear.

"Hellloo?" I say sillily.

"Hey Mel." She replies laughing.

"Hey Talia what's up?" I say casually.

"Nothing much, I just wanted to ask if you want to come with me, Ally, Jack and Conrad-"

"Conrad?"

"Yeah, Conrad Jennings. You know, that guy you kissed." She says teasingly.

"Shut up Tal," I run a hand through my hair. "Why invite him? And Jack? Who's he?"

"I don't know about Conrad. Ally invited me and she said Conrad is coming too." She says slowly; I laugh.

"And Jack?"

"Jack Rean? Apparently Conrad knows him, says he's in your French class?" She says.

"Yeah he is. So did you and Ally make up or what?" I ask remembering her 6 month boyfriend.

"Yeah we did. It's all cool now. So are you in for it?"

"Yeah! I'm all for it. What time?"

"Saturday, I'll pick you up at around 12pm. We're staying there over night because it's a 4 hour drive." My jaw drops.

"4 hours! Talia, isn't that quite far?" I look at my door and see my mum peering. "Hey mum? Can I ask you something."

"Yeah?" She says opening the door to reveal her full body.

"Talia invited me on Saturday to..." I call out for Talia. "Hey Tal, where are we actually going?"

"A swimming resort." She answers on the phone. I nod.

"A swimming resort for a day. Can I go?"

"Will there be supervision?" I give her a look.

"Hey Tal I'll call you back." I end the call and throw the phone on my bed.

"Supervision? C'mon mum, I'm 18. I know how to take care of myself." She smiles and walks up to me run in a hand through my hair.

"What if something happens?" She counters.

"Like what? C'mon. It's a resort! I think the worst that could happen is they run out of water."

"You could die of dehydration!" She fake gasps and bear hugs me squeezing me tight.

"Mum. Your. Squeezing. Me. Too. Tight." I say in egressive breaths. She lets go. "So can I go?"

"Sure why not?" She shrugs and a metre long smile spreads across my face.

"Thank you!" I yell wrapping my arms around her neck hugging her tightly. "I love you so much!"

She pushes me off her and scoffs. "Uh huh. Go back to your work." She exits the room and I laugh.

I reach for my phone and dial Talia's number.

"Hey Tal? My mum said yes. I'm coming."

"Great! I'll see you at 12." She hangs up and I throw my phone back on my bed. I press the spacebar letting Animals continue to play.

"Your like a drug that's killing me..."

-END OF CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN-

Okay, Animals. My new #1 song! Ahh I just love this songggg ahh omfg. I'm obsessed with Marron 5 now.

I have to tell the truth. I just listened to Animals for the first time right now as I was writing this chappie.

I was watching The Voice and the guy from Marron 5 was singing it and I Shazamed it and downloaded it last night.

And today I was listening to 1D whilst writing the previous chapter and just as I was about to start this chapter Animals starts to play and it was soooo amazayn. I didn't actually realise it finished downloading last night so it was a shock. Because I downloaded it at 12am and I went to bed five minutes later.

Anyways. Life's full of surprises so yeahs.

- Just like animals, Natasha