Can I Have That?

Chapter Twenty Five
Can I Have That?

---

"Yeah....wait. Aren't you that girl whose diary got posted up all over campus?"

I pull away and jump off him. I stand up a bit too fast and my head spins. I look around for another shot. I find one on the table and chug it down in one slip.

"Are you?" I ignore him and run to the dance floor. I run to the deepest part and look around. He's gone. A person come up right close to me and smiles, I smile back.

"Hello there." He grabs my back and starts grinding. I follow for a few seconds then walk away leaving him to grind the air. I stumble to the bar and take a seat.

"Back so soon?" The bartender says. I nod and he pours half a glass of beer and hands it to me. "Vodka?"

I nod and he hands me a full bottle. I pour it into the beer glass until the rim. It spills onto my cloths and I lift it to my lips. I take a few sips and give a crooked half smile.

"It's really good!" The burning in my throat has somewhat subsided and now it's just bitter and pleasurable. I finish the glass in a few big gulps. I get up and stumble a few steps landing on the ground. I laugh and stand up but falling back down again.

I smile and laugh sitting back down on the bar stood. "Can I have that?" I point towards the vodka bottle I used. He nods and I reach into my pocket to pay for my drinks because that part of me is sober enough to care. b

But he stops me. "No no no, first times are always free." I smile and he hands me the lid. I slip it on casing it to spill a bit on my shirt.

I laugh like a lunatic and stand up slowly. I walk into the crowd with the vodka bottle in one hand. A girl comes up right in front of me and wraps her arms around my neck. I'm lot lesbian but I'm too high to care about it. She sloppily kisses my on my lips. I shove her off me causing me to fall backwards. My shirt sticks to my chest and I smell like vodka. I unscrew the lid and it up taking a sip. A burning sensation trickles down my throat as the drink goes down my throat. I stand up and stumbles a few steps forward. I grab the nearest boy next to me and smash my lips on him for a few seconds and push him back so he falls backward. He stares at me as I walk away.

I walk out the pub with the vodka bottle still nearly full in my hands. I stumble on the sidewalk at I walk to my car. I giggle and hiccup causing me to laugh louder. "Why do we hiccup?" I ask no one in particular. The loud music fades away from my ear and I take another swing. "Ahhh." I say after I swallow it.

I reach my car and notice a body standing by it. He seems cross at something. I hiccup and yell, "Hey you! Get off my fucking car! Your gonna stain it!" But fucking more sounded like fuffing. He looks at me with those big blueish green eyes, full of worry. I roll my eyes and pretend not to notice. I take out my keys and shove him away from the key hole. He stands behind me, silent. I sit in the car and place my bottle in between my legs.

"Mel... Please..." He takes a dangerous step towards me. "Your drunk."

"Does it matter?" I close the door in his face and drive away. Leaving him there.

Left, right, right, left. And then I'm home. See? I may be drunken in my motions but I can still be sober in my thoughts. I slow down at a traffic light and lift the rim of the bottle to my lips. I take a sip. My legs are completely numb and I can't feel my hands. I try lifting my hand, it feels as light as a feather. I move my left foot but it stays flat. I wiggle my toes but I don't feel it. It feels like a weight has been dropped on top of my foot. I try moving my right and it moves to the left. I sigh of relief. I am covered in a green glow and I use my working foot to press down on the gas pedal. I underestimate my power and I bomb down the road at blinding speed.