Pulling The Trigger

Chapter Fifty One
Pulling The Trigger

^Hehe^

---

I was quiet for the rest of the night, like someone hit a mute button on me.

Only in the morning when I mumbled morning to mum, did she realise I was actually home.

"Oh Melody! How was the carnival? Your father and I didn't make it yesterday, we were far to busy." she explains jumping up from the couch and rushing towards me, "what happened to your cheek?"

She rubs her hand across the cut along my cheekbone. "Nothing," I murmur stepping out of her grasp.

"I'm sorry Mel, I know we go every year go the carnival but this year it's been hectic, you know that." She tries to explain like I already don't know.

"It's fine, I had fun anyways," I say walking back up to my room.

"I'm going to the mall today," I yell at the top of the stairs.

"Alone?" She says eyeing my bedroom door.

"Yeah, Talia's still tired after her night with Tavel."

"Tavel? Kyle's football friend?" She says arching her eyebrows. I nod leaving to my bedroom.

I look up at the clock, it's around midday. I shake sleeping Talia from my bed, "I'm going to the mall, you coming?"

"No," she whispers sleepily, "now lemme sleep."

I laugh taking out my clothes and walking to the bathroom, changing into them. I hold the brush to my mouth staring at my reflection in the mirror.

"We've been through a lot," I say to myself. "And it's only been two months or so."

"You've found yourself a boyfriend." I smile. "Had your first k. . . "

I place the toothbrush on the sink, my eyes on my lips. "My last first kiss."

Your gonna wish you never said that, he said.

"Wish I never said I trust Kyle?" I wonder out loud, "What did he do? If anything, he shouldn't trust me.

I cheated on Kyle with you, Conrad. I kissed you willingly. I wanted to kiss you at one point. Why should I be doubting Kyle?"

My last kiss with Conrad was the fair.

"Promise me something Melody," I jump at the voice.

"Talia," I breathe, holding my hand to my heart. "Promise what?" I ask.

"That you won't go back to Conrad," she says half asleep leaning on the doorframe. "That you won't kiss him after what happened yesterday."

Stunned, I say. "Wait, you saw?"

"I did, even Tavel and Mason and Louis." She frowns at me, like a mother bailing her daughter out of jail. Not angry, disappointed. "We saw you kissing him."

I take a step away from the sink. I look down at my bare feet biting the inside of my cheek, "I-I didn't m-mean to."

"Then why didn't you pull away?" She says stepping inside the bathroom.

I stay quiet the question effecting my thoughts. Why didn't I?

"Melody, answer." She asks for my voice. But I can't find it. I swallow the lump in my throat, but it forms back.

"Melody!" She yells. I jump, scared of saying the wrong thing.

But truthfully, I don't have an answer besides: I don't know. I glance past her eyes looking at myself in the mirror.