Mismatched

Chapter Fifty Five
Mismatched

Three-or two-more chapters left!
(Excluding this one)

Anyways, I've decided not to enroll this book in the Watty's.
Because after I finish this book, I have to write the sequel for TDTW.
AND AFTER THAT I have to write the sequel for this book.
AND THEN I have another book I want to write at the start of the summer holidays.
And that book is going to remain a mystery and nameless to you because I want to do something like publish THE ENTIRE BOOK in one day and at the end of the summer holidays I'll submit it into the Watty's.
- so yeah, Nattyy

---

In silence we drive, my mind wandering back and forth from Kyle to Conrad.

I love you, Kyle said. But my mind forgets about Kyle for a moment and flashed Conrad's face in my mind. I'm in love with you, Conrad said. But then I think about everything Kyle's done. What he told me. All Conrad said was, I'm in love with you. Your not like the other girls. And like that, I kiss him because that sprung something inside me.

So what if he told you he loved you? Kyle says that enough times. What difference does it make if Conrad's a little amorous towards you?

Kyle pulls into my driveway, I turn and lean into him. I kiss him, dreading my thoughts that come into my mind. "Thanks for today, it was amazing." I say as I get out the car.

"Anytime," he replies with a wink.

I force myself to turn around as I close the door, and not slam it with the back of my foot. But my body takes control and I slam the door with my foot. Feeling guilty inside, I rush to the window, but his car wasn't there. I sign of relief, kicking off my shoes and jumping on the couch.

"Melody?" Mum calls out from the kitchen, "is that you?"

"Yes mum," I reply. Mum steps out of the kitchen with an envelope in one hand and a paper in the other. "What's that?" I ask.

"Field trip forms," she says, "it was in the post today."

My eyes widen and I take the paper out of her hand. "A retreat trip?" I say taking in the packing list, I flip over the page looking at the dates. "And it's next week on Tuesday?"

"Apparently," she says shaking her head in disapproval. "The school is so unorganized, a three day field trip in the middle of the second last week of school!"

"Yeah," I say my mind preoccupied. "I'm going to pack."

-THREE DAYS LATER- <- I don't want to have an entire chapter on her packing. You'll get bored.

"Do you have everything?" Mum says for the fiftieth time this morning.

"Yes yes," I say again, "can I go now?"

She unlocks the car, stepping out with me and unlocks the boot, taking out my duffle bag. The bus driver rushes up towards us with Mr Matthew-the eleventh grade trip coordinator- on his heels.

"Name," he instructs looking down at the clipboard in his bulky hands. The bus driver takes my bag from my mum and drags it over to a silver SUV behind the bus. "Name." He says again, looking up at me with his sharp green eyes.

"Melody," I say finally. He scans the list, flipping to the next page.

"Ah," he says marking my name with a check. He wanders off leaving me with my mum. I walk up to her, waving good bye.

"Don't be silly Melody," she grabs me by the arms bringing me in for a hug. I shake out of her grip before I hit her chest.

"Mum," I complain.