She Belongs To Me

Chapter Thirteen

She Belongs To Me

---

I shouldn't be here.
I should be dancing with Kyle.
Not him staring down at me.
I shouldn't have sweat on my back.
From guilt and worries, no.
I shouldn't have kissed Conrad.
I shouldn't have even been there.
I should have noticed his eyes.
His hair. His touch. But no.
I was too lost in his kiss.
I shouldn't have even kissed him.

But the fucked up thing above all, I think I enjoyed kissing him.

He stares at me, as if he sees right passed me. I can't look at him, I look away. I hear sounds, the sound of heavy doors opening and closing behind me. Kyle's eyes trail up my body and to the opened door. His eyes widen, his lips ajar.

I pivot my body, still on the ground. My breath hitches in the air as I catch a glance of them.

Alex and Conrad.

I stop and slowly get up and stand by Kyle. Twiddling with my fingers behind my back, biting my lower lip.

"What . . . " Kyle starts. He trails of with a sense of confusion. Alex simply smirks and nods towards me with her head, I flinch.

"Melody." She starts, nudging me on to continue. I stay quiet, Kyle shoots me confusing look and I quickly retrace my gaze to Alex. "Are you going to explain or should I?" I stay quiet.

"Thought so." She starts speaking and I drown her out, I look over and Conrad, whose just busily typing away on his phone. ". . . Melody kissed Conrad."

That's all I heard. Before I broke of from my daydream. I look up at Kyle, and if looks could kill, I'd be dead, Kyle as my murder.

"Kyle . . . " I start but couldn't finish. I run up to him and wrap myself around him, but he shoves me off.

"Get off me, I'm in a relationship." Then it hits me. He doesn't realise that it's me, I still have my mask on. He doesn't notice that it's me. "Why are you talking about Alex? Mel isn't here yet."

She shakes her head smiling. "She's right next to you." She lifts up her arm and points directly at me. I feel a chill flow down my spine, I shudder.

Kyle stares directly at me, with wide eyes. I sigh and look down at my feet, peeling of my mask. I grip it tightly in my hands and bite my bottom lip. "Kyl-" I start.

But I was cut of with a bleep coming from his phone. He pulls it out and examines the text. I look back at where Conrad was but only, They weren't there. The double doors of the hall close, and I looked back at Kyle who noticed this too. He stuffs his phone back in his pocket and turns to me. I flinch but keeping my posture rigid.

"M-" but he stops, before he can even make out the mmm sound. My eyes go wide in plead. I stayed quiet just staring at the lockers beside his face.

No Melody. Don't look into his eyes. My gaze sticks to the lockers, but he doesn't make a sound. So I do.

"Kyl-" I shouldn't have spoken. My voice cracked. Like when your about to cry and you can't speak because your afraid you might cry out. My bottom lip quivers but I bite it.

I run. Passed the double doors creating a loud bang and blistering pain approach my palms. But I don't care. I continue to run.

"Mel wait!" I ignore him and continue. He chases after me. I sprint to where I hid my key and unbury it. I wipe off the mud and grass, sprinting to my car. I throw my mask onto the floor, I need two hands to unlock this damn car.

"Melody!" I turn to my left and see Kyle crashing through the doors of the school causing a loud bang. "Mel wait!" I fling open the drivers seat and see in the rear-view mirror, Kyle sprinting towards me.