No Feelings

Chapter Thirty Five
No Feelings

---

I smile against his lips and press my hands against his chest. I push him back.

"Conrad. Kissing me isn't going to make my feelings for you come back. I don't like you anymore. I love Kyle."

Right Melody. Conrad is your past. Kyle is the present; maybe your future.

A smirk finds its way on my face, Conrad stands there dumbfounded. "See you later Conrad." I pick up my bag; leaving my diary on the bed. I walk out the door, Conrad trailing behind me.

I open the door turn around to face Conrad. "I'll drop you home." He says. I nod and walk up to the passenger side of the car. He unlocks the car and I sit inside. He starts up the car and drives down the neighbourhood.

Conrad and Melody. Somewhere we're meant to be. But not in this somewhere. Maybe another. Kyle and Melody. That's meant to be. That's what's gonna last. We're going to last. How would a relationship with a bad boy last? Forever? A week?

He's going to cheat on you. What's going to happen then? All those feelings? He's a player. Players don't have feelings. Do they?

I look at Conrad. My eyes trail to the outline of his face. His eyes, nose, lips. I've kissed those lips. I flicker my eyes to his hair. His black straight hair, how it falls perfectly in his eyes. I look away.

Conrad and Melody. Conrad and Melody. Conrad and Melody. Conrad and Melody. No feelings. Nothing. Conrad. Nothing.

"Nearly there." He says making me jump. "Oops, sorry. Didn't think you were that deep in thought." He smirks and gives me a look. I roll my eyes playfully and hit him in the arm.

"Conrad," I say quietly. He turns his head my way and slows down at the red light. "We'll never be together, you know that right?

"Your a playboy. What do you know about real relationships? If I were to date you, trust would be an issue. I can't trust you Conrad. You know that; I know that."

"I know a lot about relationships Melody." He says his voice rising.

"Yeah well-"

"You know nothing about me Melody. You know nothing about my background. How do you know if I trust you? You fucking cheated on Kyle with me! How do I know you won't do the same with me?"

Okay, that hurt. A lot. I look out the window beside me. I close my eyes; my body tenses. How do I know you won't do the same with me? I'm not like that Kyle. I won't let him ruin us. We're perfect. We're a special kind of perfect.

"Because I'm not like that Conrad." I say after a while. I look ahead and the yellow changes to green. Conrad presses down on the gas pedal.

"Like what Melody?" He says. "Gullible?" I look at him.

"No." I say a little ticked off. "I'm not gullible. I stopped you when you tried to get in my pants. I wasn't gullible by your lips. I stopped you."

"And ran off crying." He adds. I slam my fist on the glove compartment.

"What is your problem Conrad! Why can you just leave me alone?"

"My problem? My fucking problem is you! Why can you see past him? Past the outer-shell? You fucking don't see him when he's not around you. He a complete douche."

"Maybe because your there!" I yell; my body shaking from anger.

"You don't know the Kyle I know. You don't fucking give a shit what he thinks about you. He doesn't even like you! He's using you Melody."

That does it. "Stop the car." He slams down on the break.

I swing open the door and step out. I slam the door behind me and start walking down my neighbourhood.

"Melody wait!" I ignore him. I continue to walk; he slowly drives on the road yelling my name.

He drives further ahead of me; I loose sight of him. I wrap my arms around my body.

He's using me? No. He loves me. It's all part of Conrad's plan. He just saying this so you can dump Kyle and crawl back to him. Right? Kyle loves me. He would've broken up with me the first moment he found out about Conrad and I.

"Melody." I continue to walk but I hit his chest and fall back. I land on my butt, he reaches out his hand but I wave it away. I stand up.

"He's not using me. I don't care what you say anymore. Nothing's going to change my feelings for Kyle. I love him Conrad. Why does that bother you so much?"

I don't give him a chance to reply because I push past him; making him stumble a few steps back.

*** <- POV change (BTW)

She pushes me back making me stumble a few steps. She continues to walk unaffected.

"I'll promise you this." She say after creating distance between us. I turn around and face her.

"Yeah?" I say intrigued.

"If Kyle and I break up, I'll give us a shot." She smiles and says, "Deal?"

"Deal." I smirk. She nods then walks away. Leaving me to my thoughts.

Now all I have to do is find a way to break them up. But that's not a problem. Time will settle on them.

Melody will go to the UK for University. And Kyle will go to Canada for his football.

Long distance? That will never work for them because I'm there.

-END OF CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE-

Ahh Conrad. Why do you have to be so hot? Agh. Why can't he not be a playboy? It makes life soooo much easier :P

- natty