Over Again

Chapter Twenty

Over Again

Ahh this is a 1D song! :D

Lol. I think it may link to the chapter. Idk. Read and comment a YES if it does.

---

Conrad. Conrad flipping Jennings. I run a hand through my hair, this time I run it all the way through. "What is it?" Talia asks. I shush her and continue to look at Conrad.

He steps out the car, he bites his lower lip. And I can't help but stare at them. I bite the inside of my cheek. He runs a hand through his hair as he walks down the walkway. I look a his untidy but attractive hair. "What happened Mel? Can't we go? Who is it?" I'm being bombarded with questions from Talia. And can't focus on Conrad. I mentally slap myself for saying that.

I take my keys from my pocket and press the unlock. A faint click comes from the car but Conrad doesn't seem to notice, I sigh of relief. I quietly open the passenger side and usher Talia in. "Get in. We'll drive to the park."

She nods and quickly gets in the car. I'm grateful she doesn't ask why. I shut the door behind her motioning for her to sit low so he doesn't see. I take a deep breath before walking to the front of the car. He doesn't notice me. I silently walk to my side of the door when I hear it. "Mel!"

I swing open the door, literally jump inside and shove the key into engage. Before Conrad can even reach the car I'm already out the drive way and speeding down the road.

5 minutes later we're at the park. I let out a long sigh. Sweat beans line my upper lip and I wipe them away with my arm. "Care to explain?"

"Later, now get out the car. I think I saw him following us." We get out and walk to the playground part of the park. Kids and parents everywhere. Talia and I find two empty swings which we hastily grab and sit on.

I kick on the ground and swing my legs back and forth grabbing at momentum, making me swing higher. I look up at the sky. The clear sky blue sky. Clouds pass by and I somehow envy them. How they can pass by each other not having a care in the world. I close my eyes and I swing back and forth. I shut out all the noises. All the worries. And in that moment I have I pretend to be a cloud. Being a cloud with no worries or cares. I forget about Conrad. Kyle. Alex. I forget about everyone and everything.

"Mel?" I snap out of my gaze and my eyes snap open. My swing comes to an abrupt stop.

"Yes?" I say a little annoyed. I turn to my left and Talia gives me a apologetic smile.

"Sorry, I just wanted to ask why did you bring me here?" My brain somehow switches on and I remember the sole purpose I brought Talia here.

"Oh yeah," I slowly let my feet drag against the soft tarmac as I swing gently back and forth. "Why did you break up with your boyfriend?"

It seems an odd question to ask out of the blue and I've known Talia since I was born and if this girl wants to know something she doesn't like stalling. "Oh, that." She pauses for a bit before saying:

"He cheated on me." She says matter-of-fact. I honestly don't find that hard to believe. I mean he isn't the best boyfriend in the world, how I know this? I met him a few months ago before school started. "With my best friend." That is what catches me off guard. My mouth opens.

"What?! You don't mean Ally cheated on her boyfriend too?" I ask.

"No no. They broke up. Like a year ago. She moved to Australia to her aunt." I nod in understanding.

"How did you find out?" She closes her eyes running a hand through her hair (it's a genetic thing). She takes a few deep breaths before opening her eyes again. She stares at me dead-on and smiles. Something I didn't expect her to do, especially now in this situation.