Deciding On A Date?! + Masquerade Ball

Chapter Seven

Deciding On A Date?! + Masquerade Ball

---

I was now waiting in the park. It was sunset and it was getting chilly. I pulled on my hoodie sleeves and let them cover my hands.

The park was deserted except for the couples walking around, and parent dragging there kids away. I look up from my feet and see a dark silhouette walking towards me.

I push away the falling strands of my tied up hair. He was a metre away from me and I could make out his face. It was Conrad. This time it really was him.

He smiled when he is in an arms reach of me. "I knew you would come." He winked, and I scoffed.

"I was afraid you would throw rocks at my window, again." He lightly chucked.

"You know you loved it." I slightly blushed and laughed- a bit.

"Shut up." I say jokingly, "I'm still trying to be mad at you." I lightly hit his chest, he grabs my hands and keeps them on his chest. I try not to show my blush.

"You can't. It's impossible to stay mad at me." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"So modest." I whisper under my breath, I knew he heard me. "Okay. So you called me here to meet you at 9pm at night. This has to be important otherwise I'm leaving." I remove my hands from his chest and cross them over my chest.

"Oh right!" He shows a crooked smile. Almost as if he's . . . shy? No that can't be. This is Conrad Jennings were talking about here. He could sleep with the entire school without breaking a sweat. So why would asking me out make his anxious? "Do. Uh, you wanna . . . um."

"Yes....?" I urged him to go further. He scratched the back of his head.

"Do you wanna go on a date with me?" My eyes widen. Did he just ask me out? Like on a date? He closes his eyes expecting me to punch him. I smile.

"Sure." I say simply. This wouldn't be so hard would it? I mean like what's the worst he could do? Nothing. That's what. There's absolutely nothing he could do to me. So why not take the bait?

***

Conrad's POV

SHE SAID YES! Shit. This is going to be easier than I thought. I have to be a little lightheaded then. But still keep my guard up. Especially around that Kyle guy.

She doesn't realise what I'm doing. What her innocent Kyle has told me. I plan to take her away from Kyle. Kyle will never have her. As long as she's with me, he can't touch her. As long as she's with me, he can't talk to her. There's nothing I can't do.

Melody's mine and there's nothing Kyle can do about it.

**********NEXT DAY*********

Melody's POV

RINGG!

I groan and move my hand across my bed trying to find my phone.

That's right. I got a phone. A BRAND NEW flipping phone. After Conrad asked me out on a date, we walked around the park for a while. Not really talking, there was an awkward tension in the air we just couldn't get rid of. I didn't really know why there was tension in the first place, but I'll figure that out later.

Back to my new phone. I walked up to my room and there was my phone. Laying on my bed. I grinned and rushed to my parents. Apparently that's why they were out all day. To get me a phone. I'm not complaining but I kinda did have to walk in the rain.