Everyone Can Find Love You Just Have To Search For The Right Guy

Chapter Thirty Three
Everyone Can Find Love, You Just Have To Search For The Right Guy

Okay, that's a loonngg chapter title.

*-*-*

It's still dark, Mel is pressed up against my chest, asleep. It's probably been an hour or so. Mel's parents haven't come yet. I open my eyes and I can only see darkness. Mel's breath is the only audible sound in the room. I lift my arm up from Mel's waist and start to get up.

"What...?" Melody mumbles slowly. Her eyes are still closed.

"Shh go back to sleep." I whisper in her ear. I kiss her temple and slowly ease myself of the couch careful not to bump into Mel. Once I was off I lower myself to Melody's level, on the floor.

I slide my hands underneath her body and pick her up. She raises her body still half asleep and wraps her arms around my neck and rests her head in the crook of my neck falling back to sleep. I smile and slowly stand up with her in my arms. I head for the stairs.

She sighs and I notice we're still shirtless. Oh damn, if her parents walk into the house to find their daughter sleeping shirtless with a shirtless guy in his boxers on the couch? I wouldn't be too happy either.

I hold in a laugh and smile. I reach the top of the stairs and take a right to her bedroom. I ease her down on to her bed and pull the blanket over her body. I walk around to the other side of the bed and pick up her laptop and move it to the desk. The screen flashes on and iTunes opens up.

I furrow my eyebrows and look at the recent played and Stay with Me shows up.

I've heard that song before. It was on The Voice in one episode. How did it go? I turn down the volume and hit the space bar. I bring my ear to the speakers.

Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand
But I still need love 'cause I'm just
a man
These nights never seem to go to plan
I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

Oh, won't you stay with me?
'Cause you're all I need
This ain't love, it's clear to see
But darling, stay with me

Why am I so emotional?
No, it's not a good look, gain some self-control
And deep down I know this never works.
But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt?

Oh, won't you stay with me?
'Cause you're all I need
This ain't love, it's clear to see
But darling, stay with me-

I smile and press the spacebar again and shut it down. I close the screen still smiling. I walk up to Melody's side of the bed and kneel down in front of her.

I run a hand through her hair and kiss her cheek. "Love you." I get up and start walking towards the door. My hand touches the handle when she calls out into the darkness.

"Kyle," she says softly. I turn around and see her sitting up crookedly. Her face is tilted and resting on her shoulder blade. Her elbow is supporting her upper weight, her left hand is reaching out to me. "I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?" She says half asleep.

I smile and shake my head. "You heard me didn't you?" She nods, her features solemn. I walk up to her and take her hand. "You know you mumbled something when I was carrying you up the stairs."

Her eyes widen, and I can't help but smile about how innocent she looks. How her big blue eyes stand out in the darkness. I can't look away. She shuffles away from the edge of the bed to make room for me. I sit down bringing my legs over the edge. She moves closer to me and places her head on my chest, I wrap an arm around her shoulder. I brush the hair from her face, she looks up at me.