Chapter 22 - White Wedding.

Home was really where the heart was

Home was really where the heart was. The house was  even better than you imagined. Nikki loved it and so do you, a perfect balance between you and him.

You spent one last night as yours with Nikki before you said goodbye and gave it to the market.

"You ready?" You asked as you walked in the room putting in your earrings. Nikki was sat there strumming his acoustic, singing to himself. But the man was suited and booted.

"Wow" Nikki smirked looking up at you as he put the guitar down. There wasn't many opportunities to dress to impress on tour, but you wore the best dress you had. Lacy, black, elegant. Nikki had a black shirt on and a suit jacket with his jeans and his usual boots.

"I can't believe she's doing this" You chuckled. He took your hand and led you to the car.

—-

The wedding was beautiful, it was outdoors in the sun. There was a good handful of people even though Lita didn't want anyone to be apart of the wedding. She didn't want bridesmaids, groomsmen, just simple. You held Nikki's hand as you watched Lita walk down the aisle. You squeaked in excitement as you squeezed Nikki's arm.

"She's going through with it!" You hissed and he laughed, he adjusted his sunglasses as you rested your head on his shoulder.

You felt yourself tear up when they got to the I do's. You tried to stop sniffling but it wasn't working. Nikki kissed your head as you tried to fan your tears away.

Standing up with everyone else when they announced Lita and Chris as husband and wife, you sobbed, clapping. She walked down the aisle and looked at you with a grin.

"Stop crying you pussy!" Lita ordered in passing and you laughed.

The party was cheesy. You weren't sure what had happened, you expected it to be in a bar. But it was a traditional cheesy cover band in a rented room of a hotel.

"Are you drinking tonight? Or is drunky just appearing for end of tour parties?" Nikki asked offering you the wine bottle in front of you.

"Drunky doesn't make an appearance on wine." You stuck your tongue out at him before handing him you glass, letting him pour your drink for you.

You sat there watching Lita's first dance. It was great until she started going around pulling everyone up. Nikki tried to hide behind you but it didn't work. You grabbed his hand and dragged him unwillingly to the dance floor.

"At least it's Alice Cooper, c'mon" You moaned as he huffed. He put your arms around you and began to slow dance with you.

"Sometimes when you're asleep and I'm just starin' at the ceiling" Nikki sang along making you smile. "I wanna reach out and touch you, but you just go on dreamin'."

"I wanna take you to heaven. That would make my day complete." You sang back as you rested your head on his chest. This was a definite change of pace and performance than what you were used to. This was the first time you saw Nikki dance.