Chapter 26 - Strip.

Nikki and you had agreed no presents

Nikki and you had agreed no presents. Just enjoy your time together. You had said goodbye to the pup and headed out on his Harley.

He took you on a long drive down Sunset before pulling up to The Whiskey. He parked around the back and you got off the bike. You followed him into the back entrance of The Whiskey. He bumped fists with someone on his way in before taking you to one of the booths on the balcony above everyone else. You sat down in the almost darkness, a small light from the stage glaring on the table.

"I thought we were going for dinner or something.." You yelled over the noise of the crowd below.

"We will go for some food, I did wanna take you out but I just have to detour and see a couple of songs first. I have to make an appearance" Nikki explained and you frowned. He was the one who had told you to make no plans and here he was on the job.

A waitress came over and asked if you wanted any drinks, you opened your mouth quickly to say what you wanted before stopping, remembering John's instructions.

"I'll just have a soda" You grumbled and Nikki said he would have the same. You played with the beer mat as Nikki watched the stage intently, talking about the bands set up. You were like a bear with a sore head. No anniversary, no alcohol, can't even have a conversation with fiancée without yelling over the music. You felt yourself getting more and more annoyed.

More guys walked past to get to their tables, all stopping to talk to Nikki on their way. You drank your drink quickly and sighed impatiently. You would have rather stayed home with the dog.

"Ahead of their big release, we'd like to welcome to the stage, performing some of their unreleased hits tonight..Pearl Jam!"

You looked at Nikki in shock as he smiled at you. You squeaked, hugging him tightly before heading to the front of the balcony to watch the band play below. It didn't take Nikki long to follow suit and stand behind you. With a hand either side of you, he leant down to your ear.

"Jam Pearl right?" He teased as you turned to face him.

"You are the best, honestly" You pulled him down to kiss you. "I know you hate them, but they are so good"

"I don't hate them, grunge isn't really my scene" Nikki said as you clapped along to the song.

"You're gonna change your mind.." You said with a wink.

— -

"Hey I'm gonna send this tape to Angela, I think she'll enjoy it" Nikki said with a grin as he pressed record as you the band rehearsed the song. You were pretty sure you were on camera, looking miserable.

"What if she leaks it?" You asked with a shrug. "There goes a great song for some other band."

"She's not gonna leak it, she's not like that" Nikki said shaking his head before turning his bass on. Tommy shot you a grin and you stuck your finger up at him.