Chapter 103 - Fame

Nikki really had a good time onstage despite the obvious tension amongst you all

Nikki really had a good time onstage despite the obvious tension amongst you all. He was the only thing holding you together right now. He came over to you and interacted with you. The crowd loved it and you hoped they weren't aware of the obvious dispute between you and Lita. The back and forth you both normally had on stage wasn't there.

"C'mon we're talking" You said to Lita as soon as you got off stage. She didn't put up too much of a fight as you dragged her on the bus. Rach noticed the moment and headed straight to her room as did Nikki.

"We've been friends for so many years. It hurts me to see you like this." You sighed as she sat there with her arms folded. "I see you potentially ruining good things for yourself cause you're addicted again."

"I'm not an addict. I can quit anytime" She scoffed.

"Fine, then as a friend I'm telling you to quit" You shrugged. "You're pushing everyone away, you're playing is suffering, your relationships are suffering."

"It's the only thing that makes me feel alive. I have nothing else" She sniffed. "You have no idea."

"No I don't. I'm not gonna pretend I do either. But I know that this feeling is temporary. You want something real, you gotta come off the drugs and let me help you" You pleaded. She looked away from you and sniffed.

"Why do you want to help me? You hate me" She mumbled quietly.

"No I don't you stupid fuck" You chuckled and put an arm around her. "You're my best friend. And I love you. Nikki loves you and so does Izzy and Richie. So many people do. That's why we wanna help."

"I'm scared" She admitted as she rubbed her eyes. "I don't know if I'm ready to face everything."

"You are babe. Two more shows and then it's over" You muttered. She nodded and hit you on the arm with a sad laugh.

—-

"We are honoured to do this interview with you both, on your tour bus no less!" The MTV presenter smirked as you and Nikki nodded.

"Well it's her tourbus, I'm here for the ride" Nikki commented.

"That's one of the things we wanted to discuss. I mean the term power couple comes to mind. Both big names in the industry, how do you share the fame?" She asked. You and Nikki looked at each other, both of you processing.

"How do you mean exactly?" You asked.

"Two of the biggest bands in the rock scene at the moment. What happens when you both go head to head in the charts? How do you stay strong as a unit when you're actually each other's opposition?"

"You wanna take this one?" Nikki laughed nervously.

"Sure. Well we've been in similar positions, I produced an album that was against his album in the AMA's a few years back. We'd just be happy for each other, regardless" You shrugged. The interviewer paused and looked at Nikki.