Chapter 77 - Kindergarten

"So apparently you've been in an accident and a look a like is replacing you for the album and the shows following" You mentioned to Nikki as you handed him the magazine

"This is because I shaved" Nikki chuckled as he put the magazine aside. "Well it's all back so everyone can chill out."

"Mmm I do like it" You said scruffing his goatee. "Can I hear these songs yet?"

"They are finishing the master today and then you can tonight. We can have our own little listening party" Nikki smirked, kissing you as he stood up. "I gotta go make sure everything's good."

"Okay babe, also I nominate the listening party to be in the bath, with some wine and some sparkling water for you. And some Oreos for the after party" You mentioned.

"Oreos?" Nikki snorted. "Thought you went off Oreos after Izzy"

"Consider me firmly back on Oreos" You smiled. "Don't come back without them."

You had taken Izzy to start kindergarten now she was of age, you hated it. You had cried all morning, but she left you and Nikki behind happily. You told her teacher that her "uncle" was a "bad influence" and "cussed a lot" that "one time you let him babysit" and Izzy has picked up the habit.

You guessed she probably saw right through your bullshit as you stared at your tattooed husband. But you had tried you best to seem like a somewhat responsible parent.

It almost seemed kinda normal now she was at kindergarten and Nikki had gone off to record. You had Lita come round so you could go over some of the rough mixes Bob had sent over. He produced majority of them but you wanted to do some too.

"Your dog is having an issue" Lita said as Ringo howled as he and Iggy stood in the studio. He kept howling over and over.

"Maybe he's excited to see you" You shrugged. Lita hit the spacebar of your computer to record and held the mic to Ringo, he bowled and she imitated. It was a crazy house.

"Jeez, you done?" You laughed and Lita nodded as she played Spidermonkey on her guitar.

"Put it on, let Ringo be a star" Lita winked and you rolled your eyes. "The vocals and the rough mix for the song is done, just punch it in."

"Alright" You said skeptically. "It's already random as fuck."

After some recording and jamming, you both walked the dogs along the beach. Lita suggested ice cream and you were not one to turn it down.

"Rum and raisin and.." You looked at Lita as she eyed the ice cream.

"Vanilla" She stared and the person behind the counter nodded. You looked at her bewildered. "What?"

"You're the wildest person I know with the most boring ice cream taste" You scoffed. "What a waste."

"I'm not an ice cream person. I wanted to see what the deal with this ice cream parlour was. You go here all the damn time" Lita said as she took the ice cream from the person and handed you yours.