Chapter 40 - Slippery When Wet

Accidentally published this yesterday

Accidentally published this yesterday. My bad. Looking to send you guys 3 chapters today. Thanks for love x
—-
You weren't sure how Nikki did it, but he had persuaded Jani to go to rehab. He was a very persuasive guy. So when he urged you to come home with him, you had to stand your ground.

"I don't want to be away from you. And I understand where you were coming from before but, you're carrying my child. I need to know your safe, I need to be around" Nikki stated as he ran a hand through your hair. You were in conflict, he had been here for 3 days. You just couldn't go back to how things were, what about your house, what about your dog?

"We can take Ringo" Nikki stated almost reading your mind as you stared at the dog. Ringo had become very protective of you, lying close to your abdomen, following you everywhere. He even growled at Nikki at one point when Nikki grabbed you from behind. You knew that you couldn't have the baby in this house, it wasn't fair on Lita.

"My job, I don't know what to do about my job" You muttered as you fiddled with the rings on Nikki's fingers. "This is all too much, too fast."

"I can make arrangements for your work. But you have to take it easy" Nikki pleaded. You backed down, this wasn't about your needs anymore. Nikki had to bond with his child.

"Fine, But can I please just spend a while here, I have some work I need to finish before I go back to LA." You compromised. "I have one song left to do for Jon and then I'm done."

"Okay, But I'm not going back without you. You're stuck with me" Nikki smirked as he pulled you to him. Neither of you had addressed the elephant in the room of what you were, and you were happy to leave it that way for a while.

—-

"Oh my god, did I do something? Are you okay?"

You had decided to not tell anyone apart from the guys and Bob about the pregnancy. You wanted it to remain a secret for now. But you were sobbing uncontrollably in the studio as Jon sang.

"The song is just so beautiful. I can't believe you wrote it" You sniffled as he looked at you like you had grown two heads.

"Okay..Can I do another take or are you gonna have a breakdown?" John asked as Bob rubbed your back. Bob gave him a thumbs up and played the track again. You sat back in your chair as you wiped your eyes.

"You're an emotional shitshow" Bob commented as you glared at him. He held his hands up in defence as Jon continued to sing.

"Well there ain't no love, and it slowly dies. But baby if you give me just one more try. We can pack up our old dreams and our old lives, we can find a place where the sun still shines.."

"Oh shit" You choked as you sobbed again at the exact same part. Jon stopped singing and sighed as Bob wheeled you out the room and into the second mixing room.