Chapter 36 - Birthdays.

Nikki was a determined individual

Nikki was a determined individual. He wanted to prove to you that he could be on his own. That he was capable of handling his own shit. But in the end, he wanted you back and he wasn't gonna stop until that happened. Your relationship with him had gotten better over the past few weeks, you were joking with each other and harmlessly flirting. He would show you his newest photography prints and you would comment on them. But every time he brought up you getting back together, you would close off completely.

"I'm not passing your message on" Lita said bored down the phone. "Wait until you see her Monday."

Lita rolled her eyes as she twirled the phone wire around her finger as you stood there listening in. You smirked as you watched her write a note.

Should I tell him about tonight?

You shook your head with a small smile. The guy had been trying to make not so subtle hints that he wanted you back. But it was nice for you to have the upper hand, and things were gonna be different this time. You weren't jumping into anything.

"Yes I know it's her birthday, but maybe she wants a quiet night in. Maybe she's stopping round Steve's tonight or Luke's or Alan's...No I'm not making up names" Lita argued.

She hung up the phone as you read some of the birthday cards you had been sent.

"So John promised he won't tell Nikki about tonight.
And the guys don't know Vancouver so no chance of us bumping into them" Lita sighed before handing you a list of places.

"You need to decide on a club babe."

"They are all bad, I hate this new wave of pop" You moaned as you randomly chose one.

—-
You had a great day with Lita, just doing some guitar shopping with each other and getting some food. It was nice and relaxing.

However getting ready with Lita was stressful as she threw around all of her outfits, stating all of her outfits were only suitable for dive bars. Plus there was a slight delay as you heard her having sex with John next door. You cringed as you sat with Ringo.

"Have you made a decision about drinking tonight?" Lita asked when she was finally ready to head out the door.

"It's my birthday so yes, today I'm allowing myself to let loose." You smiled as you got into the taxi to the club.

You hated it. It was really horrible music and the people were just not great. You and Lita asked around until you were directed to the only rock bar in the city. You were skeptical but you headed to the bar anyway. It was a lot more your scene even with a cover band playing.

"Whiskey, tequila and two limes" Lita ordered as you sat at the bar. You felt your skin crawl at the older biker sat next to you, leaning over you. John put his arm around you and Lita, getting the guy to back off.

"Thanks Johnny" You said patting him on the back.
It wasn't exactly booming, it was just people drinking as the band played. Six shots later, you were feeling a bit more lively. You were dancing on the floor as the band played Love is a battlefield. You and Lita were having a good time as John was sat watching you both. He was very much the strong and silent type.