Chapter 107 - Photographic Memories

"You've presented photos to the group session

"You've presented photos to the group session. We asked you to bring along four photos each that mean something to you. Let's go clockwise."

Rehab was hell. You had no idea how alcohol dependent you were until your first two weeks had passed. You felt nauseous being without it. Everything seems clearer, real. Too real. You had been living in a haze. You weren't allowed to watch TV or listen to music initially. They were afraid it would trigger something within you. It had been a lonely couple of weeks. You had made friends with a woman there called Helena. She had no idea who you were and you kept it like that, this was about you. Not Nikki, not the band, just you finding your roots.

Group therapy was the worst, sometimes someone's story would grip you and you'd cry. Sometimes you'd wonder why the hell another person was there in the first place. Everyone in the group was watching you as you presented the photo on the table in the middle of the circle.

"This was me and my husband. He had just proposed using wallpaper samples" You snorted with a chuckle. "We were in London, it was Christmas Day."

"How long ago was this taken?" The group leader asked.

"God, I don't even know.." You frowned "what year is it?"

"It's 2000" Someone pointed out. You swallowed against your throat, you suddenly felt agitated. Guilty, that time had flown so fast.

"Then it was eleven or so years ago." You nodded. "A decade of craziness."

"And why is this photo so significant to you?" She asked. She eyed all your photos as you laid them all out on the table. "They all include your husband."

"Yes" You nodded. "Him and my kid are the most important people to me."

"Isn't that Nikki Sixx, are you actually married to Nikki Sixx?" A guy laughed. "Holy shit."

"Edward" The group leader warned and he shut up. "I found some photos in your room which I would have preferred to see."

You watched as she lay out photos of you and Lita, or you onstage. There were some from before you had even met Nikki. One photo in particular, it was you, Alice and Rach. The day you arrived on the Monsters of Rock tour. Fresh faced, excited for the next adventure.

"Your husband and your child should be important to you. But the reason you are here, is because you've forgotten who you are."

You had finally been granted access to the TV and some records, finally. You sat in the day room as one of the other guys flicked through the channels. You spotted the band and demanded that he flicked back. You were panicking.

"MOTLEY CRUE HIT NEW HEIGHTS WITH THEIR NEW SHOWS"

"Oh" You said in relief as the guy stared at you, waiting for your permission to change the channel again. You no longer wanted to watch TV. You felt jittery as you headed to your therapists door. You knocked and waited to be greeted. Victoria was her name, and she gave you a tough time a lot of the time. She hated your attitude towards the program and your neediness.