Chapter 83 - Album Release

"We wanna thank everyone for coming, honestly it's not a huge deal but we appreciate the support" You said looking at the people gathered around you

"Fuck that, it's a massive deal" Lita interrupted and everyone cheered. "This album is fucking awesome and tell your friends to see us on tour!"

Tommy came over and congratulated you. Lita had hosted the listening party round hers with a no kids all alcohol policy. Richie and Jon were there as well as Tommy, Mick, Nikki and..Jani.

"Has he seen yet?" Lita asked through gritted teeth and a forced smile.

"No but I don't know why you invited him" You murmured back. Nikki came up to you and kissed you deeply as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"You've done an awesome job" He said between kisses. You chuckled as he lifted you off the ground. "This dress is gonna end up on the floor tonight."

"Promises promises" You winked at him and you brushed your red dress down. You grabbed some champagne and made the rounds, talking to everyone.

"Hey" You heard a voice behind you as you walked into the house. You turned to see Jani, standing there awkwardly with a glass of champagne.

"Jani" You said breathlessly with a smile. Still lanky, with his short blonde hair and his slightly red face. But he looked happier. He offered you a hug and you took it.

"It's so good to see you" He mumbled against you as he held you close.

"You too" You said patting his back. He pulled away and blushed, looking at the floor.

"I thought the album was incredible" He said clinking his glass against yours "I'm drinking, but not as much, so that's a start."

"That's good Jani" You said kindly as you led him to the sofa. "What's going on with you?"

"Band is starting up again, thinking about touring" He said with a nod. "Izzy has a birthday recently right?"

"She did, she did" You nodded with a grin. "She's three now. And walking and talking and full of attitude."

"Didn't expect anything less" Jani chuckled. "I wanna say I'm sorry if I crossed the line. Love makes you do crazy things."

"You didn't love me Jani" You murmured. "You just needed someone, anyone around. I was just there."

"Well this is cosy" You heard Nikki from behind as he put a hand on your shoulder. You rubbed his hand and patted the seat next to you.

"All the time" Jani muttered under his breath as Nikki sat down with a smile.

"Didn't mean to intrude on your moment with my wife, please continue" Nikki stated putting an arm around you and you rolled your eyes.