Chapter 129 - Family Ties

You had been completely honest with Dan as you sat down on your first date

You had been completely honest with Dan as you sat down on your first date. You felt bad for dragging him into all the drama without realising.

"Nikki was my guy, and no matter how much of an asshole he is, he will always have a place in my heart, he will always be the father to my kid. He's gonna be around a lot and he will probably bring a whole lot of drama with him too" You said as Dan took your hand. "I come with a lot Dan and I'm scared. I haven't been on a date with anyone else in over a decade."

"I know what I'm taking on here. I'm not scared of Nikki and his drama. But I don't care about him. I care about you and I like where this is headed. This feels like it could be our eleventh date. That's how comfortable I feel with you" He said with a smile. "I'm not scared, I'll show you what it's like to date again."

And just like that, Dan made it feel so easy. But you still felt unsure on if you actually really liked him or if you were just trying to move on.

Sometime had passed and Kat and Nikki were still together. You had persuaded Izzy to ease up on Kat and in return Nikki was a lot less hostile with you. You felt like you could do this co-parenting thing after all.

"We would like you and your husband to come to the parent teacher conference tomorrow. We need to talk about Izzy" Her teacher left a message on the answering machine.

Maybe not.

"Izzy?" You called her as you walked into the living room to see her and Dan playing the guitar. "Why does your school need to talk to me?"

"I've got homework" She said getting up and trying to run past you.

"I don't think so" You said following her up the stairs and into her room. "Izzy, what's going on?"

You watched as she threw herself on her bed and covered her head with a pillow. You rolled your eyes and sat down next to her.

"Isabella you tell me what's going on right now" You warned.

"I drew some pictures. That's it" She ordered.

"What kind of pictures Izzy?"

"They said draw your family. So I drew my family, it's not a big deal" She moaned. You knew it was a touchy subject, schools just presume everyone is in a happy family with two parents.

Your phone rang and you shook your head.

"Well now your dad is calling me probably wondering the same thing. I am trying so hard to prove to him I'm a good parent Izzy. Why are you making this hard, why can't you just tell me what's happened?" You groaned as you answered your phone.

"What has she done this time?" Nikki asked as you left Izzy's room.

"She won't give me the full story. She was asked to draw her family, that's all I know" You said sitting on your bed. "This has been hard on her Nikki."