Chapter 35 - It's All Coming Back to Me.

You had managed to get through the first week without having to really speak to Nikki

You had managed to get through the first week without having to really speak to Nikki. He made efforts to, but you couldn't just interact with him. You were vulnerable.

"I've been hearing a lot of Celine Dion upstairs, I'm concerned" Lita stopped you before you headed out the door.

"I can't listen to Celine without being judged?" You laughed as you grabbed some fruit.

"Not in this house young lady.." Lita smiled before moving out of your way. You followed her into the living room as you got your stuff together. "How is he?"

"Annoyingly good looking still. Annoyingly still in my presence." You muttered as you looked around for your tape recordings."I wish he would just age horribly."

"Has he mentioned the she devil?" Lita asked leaning back and lighting a cigarette.

"Nope and I would like to stay in denial, if that's okay with everyone" You celebrated as you found the missing tapes. You fussed Ringo before heading out the door.

You pulled up to the studio and were surprised to see the paparazzi surrounding your car. You pushed open your car door and grabbed your stuff.

"IS IT AWKWARD WORKING WITH YOUR EX HUSBAND?"

"HAVE YOU MET HIS NEW WIFE?"

"No and no" You stated before running into the studio and locking the door behind you, feeling like you were being chased.   The door knocked behind you and you let Nikki in quickly, almost like it was apocalyptic. You both stood against the door before laughing to yourselves.

"I saw you running and thought I didn't stand a chance" Nikki chuckled as he followed you into the empty mixing room.

"It's dog eat dog out there" You replied pushing your tapes into the machine. Nikki sat beside you and propped up his boots on the desk. You felt like you were back on tour, him demanding you play him your song. He had the same look on his face, that same stare boring into you, like nothing had changed. You quickly looked away from him as you pushed some buttons, it wasn't how it was.