Chapter 25 - Iggy

You smiled at the Labrador grinning back at you

You smiled at the Labrador grinning back at you. The puppy was a surprise for Nikki, you thought he would love a little companion for when you weren't around.

"I don't have a name for you, but you are so adorable" You fussed the little pup as he tried to lick your cheek.

It had been nice visiting Nikki but Tommy was getting agitated. One visitor a day was causing a strain on your friendship with him. So you agreed that Tommy could pick up Nikki on his release. The phone rang and you picked it up as the little dog tried to bite the wire.

"It's John, I'm just calling to let you know Tommy's picked him up. Also I wanna talk about Nikki's recovery process, we're gonna do it different this time" John explained.

"How so?" You asked distracted as you looked out the window excitedly.

"He wants to be able to drink, casually only a couple to be social. So I said he can drink when you drink. He felt like he had too many restraints last time."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. He calls me drunky so.." You explained chuckling nervously.

"Actually I think it's a great idea" John interrupted "It means you can learn to control yourself as well. Have fun, but not too much that it's detrimental. I'll be in touch"

The phone line cut and you frowned. Why were your habits suddenly involved. Maybe you enjoyed drinking and that was your choice. Your mood was interrupted by a car pulling up the drive way and you grinned.

"Stay here, please don't chew my shoes and look pretty for Nikki, okay?" You instructed the dog who just wagged his tail looking at you. "Good start."

The door opened as you heard them talking and joking with each other and you watched Nikki bring his stuff in. You walked over to him and hugged him tightly. He kissed you gently and held you close.

"Dude! No way" Tommy laughed and bent down behind you. Nikki looked behind you and laughed, surprised before bending down. You turned around to see them both playing with the puppy who had followed you to the door.

"What's this little guys name?" Tommy asked as Nikki sat on the floor playing with the excited dog.

"He doesn't have one, that's up to Nikki" You said running a hand through his hair as he leant against your leg.

"Aw man he's great" Nikki laughed as the puppy kept playfully attacking him. "I think I'm gonna call him Iggy"

"Then Iggy it is" You smiled. You took Nikki's stuff and moved it out the way before heading to the kitchen where Iggy and the boys soon followed.

—-

Sex proved to be something. At first it was quick for both of you. It had been six months, and you were both desperate for each other. The second attempt, Iggy had managed to jump on the bed and you couldn't with the pup staring at you.