Chapter 144 - Just Feel Better

You looked at the blank piece of paper in front of you

You looked at the blank piece of paper in front of you. You had been contacted by Steven Tyler to write some lyrics for his new song with Santana. This was a huge deal and by god you could feel the pressure.

Nikki had left for tour. When you were packing his stuff you asked if he wanted to take the condoms with him. He just shot you a look which said Are you kidding me?

You had wanted to make a decision before he left but you couldn't do it.  You were torn, you weren't sure if you actually felt like you wanted him or if that was just hormones. You guessed you could just judge it by your time apart from him.

"What should I write about?" You asked Lita down the phone with a sigh. You knew Aerosmith like the back of your hand. But this wasn't Aerosmith. And Steven said he wanted to do something quite powerful. But they wanted to record it and release it by the end of the week. They had everything else.

"Write what you're feeling kid. Nothing comes through like honesty" Lita said down the phone.
She was right.

You put it off for the rest of the day, finding an excuse to do odd jobs round the house. But Steven needed it by tomorrow morning. You had all weekend but you wasted that too.

"I would do anything to just feel better" You groaned to yourself as you sat in your car, waiting to pick up Izzy from school. You repeated the sentence in your head and wrote it over and over in your notebook.

"How's the tour?" You asked Nikki as you sat by the pool with the dogs. It was getting dark, you really needed to use your time better.

"It's going great so far. I think it's the best we've ever sounded" He said to you. "What are you doing?"

"I am trying to still write this song."

You had told Nikki when you received the news on Friday. He was ecstatic for you, he had so many ideas for you but none of them fit with what you wanted to write.  Steven Tyler was an idol you and and Nikki both shared and you didn't want to do him an injustice. They were relying on you.

"It's gotta be sent off tomorrow morning. You don't have anything written at all?" He asked as you stared at the sentence in your notepad.

"Nope, maybe I've lost it. To be honest I never really had it, I don't know why they asked me to write a song for them" You sighed. You heard a girl call Nikki in the background.

"That's the stagehand, I've gotta go on. Look you will find it, just don't give up" Nikki rushed. "I'll talk to you tomorrow. Say hi to the kids.."

The line clicked as you were still fixated on this sentence.

"I love you?" You said outloud. You were hurting today. You blamed the hormones.

Putting your phone down you tapped the pen against your knee. You should just write how you feel..