Chapter 33 - Leaving on a Jet Plane.

Vancouver was frustrating for everyone

Vancouver was frustrating for everyone. Everyone was pissed off at someone or something. Which made for a great recording session, not so much for the atmosphere.

You were trying to refrain from being pissed off at Nikki. The press got some of Motley Crüe alright, pictures of him with some blonde looking cozy. Two pictures, one of him standing with a grin talking to her and one of them sat on the sofa looking too close. Donna D'Errico was her name. You didn't say anything, you remembered Nikki's words that it's okay for him to speak to other girls without worrying about his wife being a psycho. You went on pretending everything was fine, but Nikki knew you weren't happy with the photos.

Nikki was pissed off at Vince, he kept missing this cues and put no effort into the song at all. Nikki started questioning his dedication to the band as were Mick and Tommy.

Tommy and Heather had a massive fight and she took the first plane back to LA. Tommy had a feeling she was gonna be gone by the time he got back, but he didn't care.

"Okay, we finally have our mixes" Bob called in relief. "You guys can fly back home and I'll call you when they are ready."

"I'm not gonna stay" You said to Nikki. "So we can spend more time together"

"I'd appreciate that" Nikki said squeezing your hand.

—-

You were happy to see Iggy again when you got back home. He nearly bowled you over with how big he had gotten. You laughed at him trying to lick you.

"That song has been in my head all day" You smiled as you sat on the sofa with Nikki.

"That means it's gonna be a hit" He smiled "I think it's some of my favourite lyrics I've ever written"

"I love it" You mused as he turned on the tv as you cuddled up to him, finally feeling like you could relax.  "Do you wanna go to the beach tomorrow?"

"Yeah I'd love that. We could invite Tommy and just have a beach barbecue." Nikki suggested.

"Yeah okay.."

—-

Beach barbecue it was. Just you Nikki and Tommy, it was not. You don't know who was more brazen to invite Pamela and Donna. Yes, Heather was out the picture, but what did they think you were there for?

Initially it was nice before everyone turned up. You had been running about the beach with Nikki chasing you. He gathered you in his arms and walked into the sea with you.  He had taken pictures of you both with his camera and you lay there for a couple of hours just talking. You really reconnected.