Shaggy.

This man, honestly, all the time

This man, honestly, all the time. Phwoar.

Just wanted to say thank you to my followers who recommended me on TikTok for Motley fic recommendations!

I have also created a Spotify playlist for the book, I'm adding songs as I am re-reading but feel free to contribute if I have missed any! Just search Primal Fic and it should come up as a playlist!

-
"You can go. I'm not stopping you from going" You mentioned to Lita as you watched John plead with her. John had been rehearsing with the guys a little and had mentioned they were going to the Headbangers Ball where some awards were being given. It wasn't out yet that Vince had quit the band, so John was merely going as a friend to the band.  He was pleading with Lita to go with him, how he didn't wanna go without a date. Everyone else had one...

"That man can kiss my ass. There's no way" Lita shook her head. "Look it's being televised, why don't you just stay here?"

"Cause I'm tired of sitting on a mattress, no offence." He nodded to you and you shrugged as you sat against the wall. They had travelled back with you to yours and Nikki's previous home just for this.

"If I didn't care so much about Bon Jovi, I wouldn't be watching it." You mumbled as you ate the popcorn. Jon had asked if you'd want to go but you dead set refused. But Bob was gonna go in your place.  John sighed as he waved off Lita and headed out the door, he realised it was a battle he was not gonna win.

"Here..I thought we could be classy" Lita said handing you a glass of wine. You looked at her bewildered and she shrugged. "I thought we shouldn't go too crazy."

You mumbled it was a good idea, who knows how you were gonna be watching this. If it wasn't for Bob and Bon Jovi, there would be no reason to watch it.

"Rach was mentioning that band she knows, Pearl Jam. They've signed a record deal" You mentioned to Lita with a smile. "That singer had the most beautiful voice."

A while had past and the show began, you heard the liquid pour into the glass as Lita handed you your drink, your eyes never leaving the screen. The interviewer greeting various people as they walked onto the red carpet entrance. You spotted various bands, you winced when Alice appeared. She smiled at the camera and gave them a wave as she got out with her date.

"Man, what could have been" You mumbled as you had some of your drink. Lita patted you on the shoulder as you both watched in silence. The cameras turned to a black limo that pulled up. You watched as Tommy was the first out the car, helping out Pamela. Then Mick, Vince and finally Nikki. He looked the same, just..Tired. You watched as he took Donna's hand with a smile. You tried not to let the overwhelming heartache affect you. Not when she brushed his shirt down, not the smile he gave to the crowd. Not the kiss he planted on her lips.

She was bright and blonde, just as you remembered. She was probably used to the bright lights and the red carpets. You wished you were there with him. But he made his choice.

"Please let me set you up with someone" Lita sighed as she took your hand. "I want to see you happy without Nikki."

"It's not just Nikki and Donna" You growled. "It's Alice. Alice is there because of my music! Donna is with Nikki because of my piss poor decisions!"

Lita watched as you got to your feet, pacing in front of the mattress, wine bottle in hand. Ranting away.

"I am in this empty ass house, on a mattress, no furniture! No prospects...Nothing" You quietened down after your loud rant. Your voice fell flat as you stared at the TV. You watched Jani make his way up the carpet with Bobbi.

"You have me, you have your talents" Lita said squeezing your hand. "You're gonna be in an entirely different place next year. Just you wait, kid."

-

"What about this one? It's not far from the studio." Lita mentioned as you walked around the house. It was a comfortable three bedrooms. It was big enough. It was nowhere near as perfect or pretty as your house with Nikki, but it would do.

"I like it. Do you like it? You know you're moving in with me" You grinned at Lita and she shot you a smile right back.

"I wouldn't have it any other way" Lita grinned. You listened to her state how she was going to decorate but it was falling on deaf ears. You were thinking about the other house. You couldn't bare to consider selling it. You didn't want to give it to Nikki, you knew that much. You would just keep it for now. Empty and cold. Like how you felt.

"I need some time alone" You said interrupting Lita. You pulled your rental keys from your pocket and exhaled, you could feel the emotions just overwhelm you. "You sign and do whatever, I trust you."

You heard Lita call after you as you left the house and jumped in the car. You sped off down the road, you needed space. You needed to just be alone.

Although you were itching to drink, you stayed in your car. You were becoming so involved with alcohol it was getting scary. But it helped. It really did. Yet you couldn't move from the car. You opened the car door to get some air and leant back in the seat, lighting a cigarette. Bad habits and all.

You closed your eyes and tried to separate yourself from everything that was ending before your eyes. Your band, your relationship, your two second marriage, your home...

Rain?

No.

Wet nose.

You jumped in your seat at the wet feeling against your hand. You looked down to see a black shaggy dog sniffing you. You smirked, he was filthy but his tail was wagging happily. He pushed up against your hand against with his nose.

"Look at you" You smirked as you stroked the dog. You watched as he sat down and offered you a muddy paw. Your heart jumped as you grinned. You leant down and ruffled his fur, looking for a collar.

He did look pretty unkempt, maybe you could just take him in temporarily. See if anyone had put up any flyers.

"What do we call you?" You muttered as you looked at the dog. He was ugly and handsome at the same time. He had such a funny look about him.

"Ringo."