Chapter 38 - Not Him

Nikki frowned when he spotted the massive bouquet of flowers on the mixing desk next to you as you worked

Nikki frowned when he spotted the massive bouquet of flowers on the mixing desk next to you as you worked. They weren't there an hour ago. He picked up the card and rolled his eyes.

"I thought he was married now" Nikki groaned as he chucked the card to to the side.

"He was until a few months ago, now I'm back on his radar apparently." You mumbled as you kept replaying a certain part of a recording. You had moved to the studio next door to record Joan but that didn't stop Nikki from paying you a visit on his last few days.

"How many times do I have to threaten this guy before he understands" Nikki huffed as you turned around to face him.

"Guess I shouldn't mention that he's heading over here in a few days to discuss an album" You chuckled as you turned back to the tape. This is the part that was driving Nikki insane. He couldn't face the fact that you were technically single. He couldn't face the fact that in the end, if the right guy came along, you may change your mind.

"Stop overthinking" You instructed and Nikki sighed. "You know I don't mess around on people."

"I know you don't. It's just hard" Nikki mentioned as he pulled your chair to him. "I want to say something so bad but I can't and it's eating at me"

"You don't need to, I already know." You smiled rubbing his cheek. "Please don't threaten Jani anymore, he's sweet"

"I hate him" Nikki mumbled as you ran a hand through his hair.

—-
It was your last night together, the guys were flying home tomorrow. Nikki was in two minds between staying and heading back to see Iggy and move into the old house. He had trouble accepting that you were gonna be so far away. But he had to show you that he was strong enough to be on his own.

"Is it illegal for me to kiss you outside the house?" Nikki asked as you sat outside on the pier again. You said no words but you kissed him gently as the wind swept your hair. He brushed it back, not breaking the kiss. You could feel his emotion, his desperation. All the things he couldn't say.

"You're all I need" You hummed as you broke apart. He eyed you and you shrugged shivering against the breeze. "I got so much to learn about love in this world."

"I love you" He hummed back as he wrapped his arms around you. You laughed  as he rested his head on your shoulder. "I'll do whatever it takes."

"Now that's not from the song" You mumbled with a smile. You leant against him as his hands covered yours.  "Don't forget about our agreement."

"I won't. Who else is gonna steal my ice cream?" He chuckled. "Will you call me?"

"I think me calling you everyday will defeat the purpose. But I promise you that I will call you, generally" You stated simply. He pressed a kiss to your head as you sat there for majority of the evening.