Chapter 6

After Ava left the room, she realised that is was also the end of her shift. On the way home, she thought to herself a lot of things. Since her symptoms are showing so much now, it won't be long before everyone found out that she is pregnant, after all, she works in a hospital full of doctors. She has to leave before her baby bump starts showing, which is not that far since she is the approaching to the last month of her first trimester. 

Thinking of her baby, she gently placed one hand on her belly. Ava couldn't help herself to smile. This baby is all she has now. Her parent died when she was 20, in a car accident and she has no sibling. When she met Connor, she thought that she found someone, someone like her. Ava was in love when Connor said 'We are a couple, with a future, right?'. She had never told him how much that means to her.  

Holding the thought, Ava had an unpeaceful night and decided to talk to Goodwin the day after. 

Next day 

Ava arrived at the hospital and went to Goodwin office. She knocked on the door. 

'Come in.' Goodwin said.

'Hi, Ms Goodwin.' Ava entered her office. 

'Dr Bekker, what can I help you?' Goodwin lifted her head up from the pile of files. 

'I would like to transfer to Seattle.' Ava said with certainty. 

'I am sorry?' Goodwin couldn't believe what she just heard. 

'Grey Sloan Memorial called last night.' Ava decided to tell a lie. She knew that they are trying to find a CT attending, so she called them last night. Base on her reputation, surgical records and her success rate, Ava got the job immediately. She did receive an invitation from them before but somehow she took the one from Chicago Med. 'They want a CT attending.' 

'And you decided to go.' Goodwin said with no emotion. 

'Indeed, I do.' She said. 

'I respect your decision and I know that no matter how much I try to stop you from going, you will not stay' Goodwin reached for the bottom drawer. 'This is a form that you need for the transfer. You just need to sign here.' 

Ava took the pen from her pocket and ready to sign it. She hesitated but at the end, she signed it quickly. Ava handed it back to Goodwin. 

'Thank you, Dr Bekker. It is our lost losing you.' Goodwin put it in a file. 'This will be your last week.' 

'Ms Goodwin, can I please ask you not to tell anybody about my leaving?' Ava asked. 

'Although I don't know why, sure.' Goodwin nodded. 

'Thank you.' Ava smiled. 'I will leave you to be.' 

'Oh, Dr Bekker, you are still required to attend the formal event on Wednesday night.' Goodwin reminded her. 

'I will be there.' Ava said and she then walked out the door. 

Wednesday

The formal event that is being held tonight was a traditional celebration of the hospital. The hospital booked an event venue in a fancy hotel. The staffs will sit with their departments. 

Ava and Kat decided to get ready together. They are now both in Ava's apartment. 

Kat was doing her makeup and hair while Ava tried to make the decision of what is she going to wear. She has a few different dresses, most of them are tie fitting. 

'Have you decided it yet?' Kat said while she brushing her hair. 

'Um, I think we have a problem here.' Ava stood behind her. 

Kat turned around and looked at Ava. Ava was only wearing underwear, her figure is amazing but you can clearly see the tiny little baby bump. 

'I get what you mean.' Kat walked up to her then to her closet. 

'The fitting one will only make me uncomfortable.' Ava sighed. 

'Here, you should wear this.' Kat handed her a white dress.

It was a white chiffon dress with lace detail at the bottom. Ava put the dress on, the deep V neckline is complementing her beautiful neck and the split is showing off her long legs. There is also an off white ribbon tie around her waist. The layers covered up her baby bump. 

Ava got the dress from one of her designer friend last year, she didn't really have the chance to wear it before, not even the time that she attended the gala with Connor due to the fact that they want to be matching on that night. 

Kat gasped as Ava finished putting her dress and heels on. 

'Ava, you look absolutely gorgeous.' Kat said. 

'Thank you.' To be honest, Ava wasn't too excited about tonight and now she just praying that she is not sitting with Connor. 

'I will do your hair and makeup.' Feeling Ava's emotions, Kat offered to do her makeup and hair. 

Ava sat on the chair, Kat put on a light makeup on Ava's face and just curled her hair. She looked stunning. 

'You look great my friend.' Kat said. 

'Thank you.' Ava had to admit Kat was good at it. 'I just not...' 

'I know, baby daddy.' Kat interrupted her. 'Don't worried about it. Just enjoy tonight, being beautiful.' 

'I wish you can sit with me.' Ava looked at her. 'That will be much easier and much more fun.' 

'Hospital rules, but I think you can change to my table later in the night.' Kat said while she put her heels on. 'Have fun tonight, enjoy the music, the food and the drinks.' 

'Bit difficult, don't you think, doctor?' Ava pointed to her belly. 

'Oh, right, not the drink.' Kat laughed. 

Ava finally put on a smile too. 

They finished getting ready and the car that they book had arrived. They arrived at the hotel and waiting to get out of the car. There are a lot of fancy cars and a few limos. When they got out, Ava instantly recognised one of the car, Connors. The valet just got in and ready to park it, Connor is nowhere to be found. As they enter the venue, Ava saw someone that surprised her - Robin.