Chapter 36

The next day

Ava and Connor went back to see Sara and Tony. Just like other parents, they were hoping that there is a donor soon. Both of them took a week off to spend some time with the kids.

'Ava.' Connor handed her the coffee he brought.

'Thanks.' Ava took the coffee.

They made some calls and found out what happened six years ago. There was a break-in at the facility. A pair of the crazy couple got a doctor from the black market and did the surgery on some girls that they adducted. After these girls give birth, the couple will sell the babies to people. Sara and Tony were born when P. D. found and arrested the couple. The girl who gave birth to them died because the couple shot her.

Since then, Sara and Tony had been living in a group home. The reason that they did not get adopted is that they both suffer from different diseases.

Tony was born with the liver issue and Sara has asthma. People always want to adopt healthy kids. Because they are different from the other children in the facility, they were bullied. 

The reason that Tony ended up in the hospital this time was that one of the older kids took Sara's asthma puffer. The adult was having a meeting and didn't notice them. Tony asked nicely first but they pushed him on the floor instead, which caused his incident. 

Of course, Ava and Connor heard those information from a social worker. 

'We should move in together.' Connor suggested.

'Connor...' Ava said.

'I know, it's too fast and you may be not ready yet.' Connor was afraid that Ava is going to no. 'I was just thinking that it will easier to take care of the three kids...'

'I would love to.' Ava chuckled. It was interesting to see Connor got nervous.

'Really?' Connor was surprised that Ava said yes so soon. He was expecting that she would say that she need to think about it.

'Why not? We have three kids. I can't handle them by myself.' Ava answered but what she thinking was that they will have a future together and she was madly in love with him.

Connor was so excited he hugged her tightly in his arms.

'Um...' A little noise came from one of the beds.

'Hey, sweetie, you are awake.' Ava turned around instantly and found that Sara woke up.

'Dr Bekker?' Sara rubbed her eyes.

'Yes, and this is Dr Rhodes.' Ava introduced Connor.

'Hello!' Sara smiled at Connor.

Just when Connor was about to say something, on the other bed, Tony was waking up.

'Tony!' Sara was the first one that saw him waking up.

Ava and Connor stood up instantly and turned towards him. 

'Hey, Tony.' Connor said gently. 

'Who are you?' Tony was confused at first, but soon he realised these are strangers and started to be offensive. 

'Tony...' Sara called his name. 

'Sara come here.' Tony said. 

'They are the doctors.' Sara said it quitely.

'Doctors don't have those worried look on their face.' Tony doubted. He had seen a lot of doctor because of his disease. He knew what doctor usually look when they treat him. Ava and Connor were way more concerned for him then other doctors. 

'You are really smart.' Connor said and turned to look at Ava, he saw the worried on her face and struggle that should she tell them the truth. So he told them. 'We are your parent.' 

'Daddy and Mommy?' Sara was surprised.

'Yes sweetie.' Ava already had tears in her eyes. 

'Why now?' Tony asked calmly. Nothing of him felt like a six years old should be. 'Where were you before?' 

'We didn't know that you two existed.' Connor decided to tell him the truth. He had a hunch that he will understand what he meant. 'And we didn't want that. If we did, we would come and find you in an heartbeat.' 

Tony didn't say anything but you can tell he was thinking about something. 

'Tony...' Ava started talking to him. 'Will you forgive us?' 

Tony looked up to her and saw that Sara was already buried her head in Ava's arms. 

Ava waited for him to answer but the long slient was the only answer that she got. 

The day went by akwardly. Ava and Connor tried to take care the two of them. Sara was really happy that she found her parent and kept asking Ava to tell her more about themself. Tony was still a bit unwilling to let them into his life. And of course, Ava told them about Natasha, Sara counldn't wait to meet her and Tony looked a bit moved when he knew that he has another little sister. 

Later that day

Connor picked up Natasha from the daycare and brought her to the hospital. 

'Natasha, they are your older brother and sister.' Ava helped her got up to Tony's bed. 

After a while, Ave and Connor went to picked up some dinner, they left the kids in the room themselves and asked the nurses to keep an eye on them.

'I am Sara.' Sara introduced herself. 'I am your older sister. Can I call you Nat?'

'Of course.' Natasha was surprised but she soon decided Sara will be the only one that can call her Nat. 

'Tony.' Natasha called his name. 

'Hi.' Tony answered her but that is.

'I am Natasha.' Natasha didn't feel fustrusted, she was still smiling. 'Why are you not happy?' 

'Nothing.' Tony turned his face around. 

'He is angry with daddy and mommy.' Sara whispered in Natasha's ears. However she was not as quite as she thought. 

'Why?' Natasha asked. 

'I don't know?' Sara shrugged. 

'Because they didn't know we exist!' Tony shouted. 

Both Natasha and Sara frozed. Sara became quite and Natasha looked at Tony more closely. 

'You looks a lot like daddy.' Natasha didn't get scared. 

Tony does look like Connor, he has Connor's hair and the shape of his face look like Connor too. The only thing were different is that he got Ava's eyes. 

'Nat...' Sara was a bit sacred because she knew what her brother is like when he is angry. She didn't want her little sister to suffer his anger and doesn't like them anymore.