Chapter 24

Seattle 

It is the second day that Ava has gotten back in Seattle, she packed most of the things, well mostly Natashas'. She was already organised, it just need to be put into boxes. In term of her own stuff, she doesn't have much since she always wears scrub and doesn't go shopping much. Ava donated most of her pregnancy clothes after she gave birth, so all she has left are pretty much the same things she had when she moved here. 

Today, Ava needs to start sending all the stuff to Chicago. Lucky for her, Meredith, Teddy and Amelia all came to help. They spend the whole day together, Ava was able to get most of the thing off her list. 

Now they were spending time together, having a little drink and rest in Meredith's house.   

'Oh my god, that was harder than I thought.' Teddy with a glass of wine sitting on the floor with her back against the couch.

'Well, thank you so much for helping me.' Ava came out of the kitchen with a glass of white and some snacks.

'We are friend, Ava.' Meredith was sitting on the couch with a glass of tequila in her hand. 

'Where are the guys when you needed them?' Amelia said from the other end of the couch. 

'Derek, Owen and Link took the kids camping.' Meredith said. 

'And speaking of kid...' Amelia look at Ava. 

'Now I can finally understand when you girls said to leave the kids with their fathers.' Ava knew what she was talking about. 

'Teddy said that he is all over you.' Meredith joked. 

'Oh, does she now...' Ava said as she squinted her eyes looking at Teddy. 

Teddy was drinking her wine, so she chocked. 

*buzz buzz

Ava phone rang. 

Teddy sighed and whispered to herself 'save by the call'.

'I hear that Teddy.' Then she went to the kitchen. 'Excuse me.'

In the kitchen

'Mommy!' Natasha's voice came through the phone. 

'Hi, baby.' Ava smiled.

It is 7 pm in Seattle which means it is 9 pm in Chicago. 

'Are you ready for bed yet?' Ava asked. 

'Daddy is warming the milk up for me.' Natasha said. 'Mommy, can we use the video?' 

'Of course, you can say hi to all your aunties that way.' Ava replied then she turn the video on. She walked out of the kitchen and show the others.

'Girls, it's Natasha.' Ava turned the phone to face them. 

'Hey, baby girl.' Teddy said. 

'We missed you sweet peach.' Amelia blew a kiss.

'Hi, Nat.' Meredith waved. 

'Hello, auntie Mer, auntie Teddy and auntie Amelia.' Natasha smiled at them. 

'Natasha, your milk is ready.' Connor walked into her room with a glass of milk in his hand. He didn't know the video was on, and he didn't think that he was being watched by others. 

After Ava heard Connor's voice, her eyes were wide opened instantly as she heard something terrifying. She turned the phone facing her quickly and ran back to the kitchen. 

'Hey, Avey.' Connor waved at her. 

'Connor.' Ava nodded. 

As Natasha drinks her milk, Ava realised that she is not in her pyjama. 

'Has she had a shower yet?' Ava asked Connor. 

'No, we play for a bit too long.' Connor said awkwardly. 'I was going to take her to shower after she finished her milk.'

'Connor, it is 9 pm, she meant to be in bed at around 8:30.' 

'I am sorry, I know but we got a bit too excited.' Connor apologised. 

'No, sorry I snapped at you.' Ava said. 'Don't worried about giving her a shower, just clean her face, hands and feet.'

'Yes, madam.' Connor said. 'I think I should go now, she is almost finished.'   

'Yeah, take care of her first, you are doing great.' Ava smiled back. 'Call me later tonight.'

They hang up the phone.

Just when Ava turned around and ready to get out. The other three came out of nowhere and took her by surprise. 

'Hey, Avey.' 'Yes madam.' 'Call me later tonight.' 

The three ladies repeated their phone call. 

'So, that is what the three world-class surgeons do? Ear dropping?' Ava looked at them 'unbelievably'. 

'He is cute.' Amelie said. 

'He was called McHottie for a reason.' Teddy added. 

'Ava, no matter what happened between you two, I can say that he is trying really hard to get you back.' Meredith said. 

Ava didn't say anything but you can tell there is something on her mind. 

Later Ava went back to her apartment and soon Connor called again. She was getting ready for bed. 

'Hey, did you get her to sleep?' Ava asked.

'Yes, she was asleep halfway through the story.' Connor said tiredly.

'You sound so tired.' Ava said as she climbed on her bed. 

'I had to say, taking care of a kid is not easy.' Connor chuckled softly. 

'I am glad that you are experiencing what I had been through.' 

'Ava...'

 'I am joking.' Ava said. 'What did you gave her to eat today?'

'Well,  we had avocado toast for breakfast, then we went to the park and we had some donut. Natalie invited us for lunch and she made healthy burgers. We cooked steak and vegetable for dinner. And we had ice cream for dessert.'

'No wonder why she was so energised tonight.' Ava sighed. 'You gave her ice cream after dinner.'

 'Wait, say it again?'

'Dr Rhodes, have you ever heard of a sugar rush?' Ava mocked him as she lay down. 

'Oh... Yeah, I am never giving her sugar at night again.' Connor said in regret. 'I cook the vegetable today but she didn't want any but it was the same vegetables she had at Natalie's house.'

'How did you cook it?' Ava asked but her voice was quieter. 

'I steamed it.' 

'She doesn't like steam vegetables, just give her salad next time.' Ava snuggled into her pillow. 

'Thanks.' Connor said. 'And you didn't tell me that she doesn't like tomatoes.' 

'Um, about that... I don't like it as well...' Ava said and then she let out a yarn. 

'That made a lot more sense.' Connor said. 

This time, there is no reply from Ava. However, a small breathing sound comes from Ava's end. Connor smiles to himself. 

'Goodnight my girl.' Connor whispered through the phone. 

'Night...' Ava talked in her sleep.