Chapter 45

8 months later, Chicago Med, Maternity floor

'Connor!' Sweat was dripping of Ava's forehead. 'This is all your fault!' 

'Yes, I know. This will be our last kid.' Connor was in pain too, Ava was holding his hand so tight. 

Outside of the room, the two kids were waiting. 

'Auntie Mia, is mommy going to be ok?' Natasha asked.

'Yeah, she will be fine. Your auntie Kat is in there.' Mia said. 'You dad, on the other hand, I am not so sure.' 

Tony ran back with a cup in his hand and then he walked in the room. 

'Mom, ice chips.' He handed to Ava. 

'Thank you, honey.' From his little red face and unsteady breathes, she knew that he ran to get her the chips. 

'Ava, Are you ready to push?' Kat said. 

'Yeah.' 

One of the nurses took Tony out and closed the door. 

'Ok, three, two, one, breath in and out and push!' Kat gave her instructions. 

Ava was biting her lower lips, trying not to scream because she knew that she will lose energy if she does. 

Connor sawed that the blood was coming out of her lips. 'Ava bite me.' He handed her his arms. 

At that moment, Ava was so touched but want to laugh at the same time. Last time she gave birth to Natasha she chewed through a layer of the towel. 

However, the next construction hit and Ava bit on Connor's arm immediately. She didn't mean to but Connor put his arm in her mouth. Ava sank her teeth in and a mark started forming. 

'Ok, Ava, I got the head. One last push! Inhale and push.' Kat said.

The next thing they heard was a cry. 

'Congratulations, it's a boy.' Kat put the baby next to Ava. 

Connor and Ava both looked at each other, then to their little boys. 

After Ava was all clean up, the kids can't wait to meet the newest member of the family. 

It is all so warm and beautiful, they all hope that this moment can last forever. 

20 years later 

A man was waiting in the living room when a lady enters. 

'You are late.' The man said. 

'Tony, there are still 10 minutes until we actually need to meet.' She sat down on the other sides of the couch, he long blonde hair fell naturally off her shoulder. 

Tony Cornelius Rhodes, age 26. He inherited the Rhodes industry. He developed an interested in business when he was little and he used to spend more time with his aunt Claire than with his parent. Now, he is successful and the youngest CEO. His dark hair and the neat suit is his signature.

'It a good habit to get to places earlier.' Tony frowned and looked at her. 'I see you still like to play with a scalpel, Sara.'

Sara Avey Rhodes, age 26. She is the youngest medical examiner in Chicago. She has a little habit, that is, most people play with a pen when they are bored, but she spins a scalpel in her hand. And strangely, she had never hurt herself. She helped the homicide department solve so many strange cases and her understanding of human anatomy is insanely detailed. 

'I am not late am I?' A young man entered, with his hand on his short blonde hair. 

'Don't worry, Liam.' Sara said. 'You know you will never be later than someone else.' 

Liam Spencer Rhodes, age 21. The youngest FBI agent in Quantico. His instinct to details and close combat was so good when he was in the academy that he was able to skip grades and become an official agent. Under the influence of his parent and siblings, his understanding of the human body is more other colleagues, sometimes he can even pick up something that the M.E. missed. 

'I am here!' Another young lady rushed in, her blonde hair was tied up in a messy bun. 

'Nat, you know how much Tony hates people being late.' Sara joked. 

'I wasn't.' She looked at the clocked. 'I am right on the clock.'

'Don't worried about it, we are used to it already, aren't we sis?' Liam said to Sara.

Sara raised her eyebrow and kept playing with the scalpel. 

Natasha Nicole Bekker-Rhodes, age 23. The youngest CT and trauma surgeon in Chicago. She graduated from med school early and picked up her parent's legacy. Just like her parent, she like taking risks and a perfectionist. Her name is all over the world and people want her to do their surgery. 

'Sara, you look scary... with the scalpel.' Natasha looked at the scalpel that was reflecting the light.

'Sara Avey Rhodes! How many times have I tell you that don't play with a scalpel when you are at home.' A woman's voice came from the stairs. 

Sara was scared by it and almost drop the scalpel. She poked her tongue out and put the scalpel back in her bag calmly. 

'Sorry, mom.' Sara said but deep down she knew that her mom was just bluffing.

'Why are we here mom?' Tony asked. 

'What? Are you really busy?' Connor asked. 

'Don't threaten him.' Ava hit his hand. Double standards.

'Your mother and I are going to travel around the world.' Connor announced. 

The kids were surprised but not at the same time. 

'No!' Natasha screamed towards that ceiling. 

Her parent going somewhere meaning that most of their cases will be pushed to her. She looked around and saw her sibling trying so hard not to laugh out loud. 

'None of you takes mom and dad's legacies, you guys can't judge.' She rolled her eyes at her siblings. 

'Allison is coming to help you, your auntie Mia is still there, what are you worried about?' Ava said. 

Natasha shut up instantly. At least she got help. 

'OK. Bye, kids.' Connor said.

'At least keep us for dinner.' Liam was surprised that they are being sent away so soon. 

'No, they are leaving dummy.' Sara said looking at him. 'The luggage is right there. I thought you are FBI.'

Liam felt defeated, something comparing to his sibling, he can be the dummy something. 

They started to throw the cushion around and by the time they finished, Ava and Connor had already left. 

The new world is still waiting for them to explore, who knows that what is going to happen in their future? 

OMG, This is the final chapter!

In case you haven't noticed, I tried to keep my word limit to around 1000 words a chapter. So in total, I wrote around 45000 words, this is definitely the biggest stories I have written. I started the story in December 2019 and now is October 2020. Couldn't have done it without all your reader out there. Again, thank you so much for all your comments and likes, they are the biggest motivation for me to continue writing. 

I am still so sad that they Ava and Connor are no longer in the show, but they will continue living in our heart. 

Love you all!

Katie.