Chapter 37

'Daddy didn't know that I existed before.' Natasha chuckled.

'What?' Tony looked at her. 

'I was living in a different city with mommy before.' Natasha tried to explain. 'Daddy saw me and he loved me ever since.' 

'But what about us?' Tony asked. Deep down he wanted to have parents but he been acting like this because he was scared. Scared of being rejected and also didn't quite understand that this was no one fault they don't know about each other. 

'Mommy said that if it is an accident, just say you are sorry.' Natasha smiled. 'Because you didn't mean for it to happen and others will forgive you eventually.' 

Tony pulled a smile towards Natasha and went back to thinking by himself. 

Ava and Connor came back right after they pick up dinner. They just went down to the cafeteria and they only got dinner for themselves and Natasha because Sara and Tony have set meals provided by the hospital. 

When Ava and Connor walked in the room, Sara was reading Natasha a book that she got as a gift from one of the nurses. Tony, on the other hand, was reading a newspaper, he tried to understand it. 

'Daddy! Mommy!' Natasha said. 

'Hey, baby.' Ava said, then she kissed her on her forehead. 'Hey, Sara.' She kissed Sara too.

 'Tony.' Connor said and he approached him. 'Do you understand all the words.' 

'Maybe.' Tony said. 

'You are smart.' Connor complimented him. 

They were all really hungry. After the nurse delivered Sara and Tony's meals, they had dinner together.  

Later that night, Ava and Connor had to take Natasha home. 

They sat down next to Tony and Sara while Natasha fell asleep on Sara's bed. 

'You two are so beautiful and smart.' Ava tucked Sara's hair behind her ear. 'We are so so sorry that we didn't find you both sooner' 

'But all you need to know is that we love you both so much.' Connor said and he held both Sara and Tony's hands. 

'Daddy.' Sara threw herself into Connor's arms. 

Connor held her tightly. 

'Can you promise that you will never leave us?' Tony, for the first time today started to talk to Ava and Connor. 

'Of course, honey.' Ava promised. 'We will never leave you two alone.' 

'Mommy!' Tony finally accepted them and he cried. Even though he is so mature but deep down he is still a little boy and really want loving parents.

The four of them hugged each other tightly. 

In the end, Ava and Connor waited for them to fall a sleep before they take Natasha home. Also, they decided that Connor is going to take Natasha home and Ava is going to stay overnight with Sara and Tony. 

The next couple of days was peaceful. 

Ava and Connor found out more things about Tony and Sara. 

Tony like to read newspaper especially the finance page, although that he doesn't understand all of it, he asked Connor questions, such as the definition of the words or what is the wording means. 

Sara like to read too but mostly books. She likes science books and love to follow Ava to the gallery to watch surgery. Ava was surprised first and afraid that it may be too scary for her, but Sara was not scared at all. She asked Ava questions all the time about the procedure and the other doctors are getting used to this little audience. 

Natasha love hanging out with her siblings. She always wonder what it is like to have brother and sister. She always saw Meredith's youngest daughter Ellies and how much fun she had with her sibling, also how Zola and Bailey protect Ellies when she was hurt. Overall, Natasha is happy. 

Because Ava and Connor was their biological parents, they got the custody easily. And since Sara was not in critical condition, she was released by the hospital but she didn't want to leave Tony, so she still stay in the hospital. 

In the mean time, Ava and Connor were trying their best to find a donor who matches with Tony. Their friends were happy to get tested and see if they matches. Meredith and everyone else from Seattle, Nic and Conrad from Atlanta. They all trying to find donor from their cities. In Chicago, of course the nurses and doctors were volunteering too. 

The best chances are of course the relatives, since Ava doesn't have any anymore, Connor called his sister and got her tested, but she wasn't a match. However, the time is ticking. Although Tony was happy but they could see him getting weaker by the day. 

After a series of disappointments, Ava and Connor was getting really worried. 

They walked outside the room after the kids were all fallen asleep. 

'What should we do?' Ava said. 'He smiled today but I can see that he was in pain.' 

'Hey love we will find a way.' Connor wrapped his arms around Ava and held her in. 

Ava was sobbing in his arms. She wasn't a weak person but after she became a mother, kids have impacted her so much. 

'There are still one person that we haven't checked.' Connor held Ava's shoulder and wiped the tear off her face gently. 

Ava looked at him and couldn't think of anyone else.

'My father.' Connor said.'

Ava frozed for a bit and then sighed. 'Fine.' 

'We are doctor and we should have faith.' Connor comforted her. 

'I really don't want to lose him. I mean we just got him back.' Ava said. 'If we lose him, Sara will hate us too.' 

'Shhh... Ava.' Connor said. 'I won't give up, we won't give up.' 

After a while, Ava was tired and fell asleep in the doctor lounge. Connor gently laid her head down and put a blanket on her then he walked out the balcony.

He dialed a number on his phone and exhaled deeply as he placed his phone next to his ear. 

'Hey, son.' Cornelius voice came through. 

'Did you meant what you said before? I can give you a chance to prove it...' Connor said calmly.