Chapter 43

After the kids were covered in sweat, Ava was ready to pack up everything and go home. 

'Mommy, can I please go to the bathroom.' Natasha asked. 

'Sure.' Ava looked at all the stuff laid on the floor, then looked at the bathroom. It was not that far from them. 

'Tony, Sara. Can you two stay here, mommy just going to take Natasha to the bathroom.' 

'Ok, mommy.' 

Ava didn't worry about the two kids much; they are so independent already. 

After Ava left with Natasha, Tony and Sara were waiting. Tony turned around and tried to fold the picnic mat. However, the mat was bigger than he thought, so he asked Sara to help. 

'Sara, can you pick up that corner?' Tony said. But soon, he realised that no one replied to him. 'Sara?' 

Tony turned around, and Sara was nowhere to be found. 

'Sara!' Tony yelled. He thought that Sara was hiding. 'Sara! Mom is going to come back soon.' 

However, still, no one replied to him. Soon, Tony panicked, and he realised that this could be very serious. 

Ava just came out of the bathroom when Tony started to run towards her direction. 

'Tony, what's wrong?' Ava never saw him so scared. 

'Mom, I can't find Sara.' Tony said with a shaking voice. 

'What?' She looked around. 'Sara?' 

A terrifying feeling came from her heart. She didn't hesitate to Connor. Although she couldn't fight the fear that something terrible happened, she still needs to remain looking clam for Tony and Natasha. 

On the other hand. 

'Let me go!' A little girl was being carried on a guy's shoulder.

The guy didn't say anything. Then they arrived in front of a car, he threw Sara in and closed the door. 

'Hey! Let me go!' Sara started banging on the door. 

'Stay quiet, or you are going to get hurt!' The man threatens her. 

Sara was scared and covered her mouth with her hands. 

The car started driving. Sara sat at the back with her legs tucked in front of her chest, her eyes were filled with water, but she wouldn't let them out. 

Park

Connor rushed to the park as soon as Ava called him. 

'Connor.' Ava walked quickly towards him. 

'What happens?' Connor was so worried. He can see the fear in Ava's eyes. 

Ava told him everything. Connor called the PD right after, and Jay was able to put up the surveillance. They saw that a guy wearing a black mask took their baby girl. 

Ava's tears were streaming down; she could see that her little girl was struggling. Although she didn't give birth to Sara, she is the daughter that Ava treasured that most. That little girl reminded so much of Ava when she was little. Stubborn and strong. 

Jay advised them to go home, and the police will set up everything in case there is a ransom call. 

They went home, and Ava called Kat to help her with Natasha and Tony. Kat arrived at their house with Mia. 

They took Tony and Natasha upstairs. Natasha could feel that something was going wrong; she also noticed that Sara was not here. She held on the Tony hand tight and wouldn't let him go outside of her side. 

Ava and Connor were sitting on the couch. 

'Sara broke her asthma puffer.' Ava said as she pulled out the back up one from her bag. 

'Ava, listen to me.' Connor placed two fingers under her chin and lifted her head. 'We will find her. We will find our baby girl. Don't forget that we are the same people; we will do whatever it takes.' 

Ava buried her head in Connor's shoulder.

*ring ring ring

Ava's phone rang. It was an unknown number. 

 She looked at the crime tech and picked up when he nodded his head. 

'This is Dr Ava Bekker.' Ava said with her voice shaking. 

'Dr Bekker, 7 p.m., Chicago old sugar factory. You in exchange for your daughter.' 

'Wait, let me hear her voice, so I know she is safe.' Ava said what the police asked her to. 

'Mommy!' Sara screamed, came through. 

Both Ava and Connor's heart sank.

'There. Come alone.' Then they hang up. 

After the phone call finished, Ava looks at Jay. 

'They weren't hiding where they are, meaning that they are fearless.' Jay said seriously. 'The voice was clear through a voice changer. It was a burner phone.' 

'I will go.' Ava said. 

'Ava...' Connor said. 

'I have to. She is our daughter Connor.' Ava cut him off. 

Some old factory. 

Sara was tied up to a chair. And the guy with the mask was sitting at the other end of the room. 

The windblown in from a broken window and the dust was blown up. 

Being under so much pressure and the dusty, moist environment was not helping Sara's asthma. Soon she had an asthma attack. 

The man noticed it and threw bottled water in front of her. 

Sara couldn't stop; it was so painful when she has the attack. She leaned back to the wall and started losing conscious. 

6:45 p.m.

They arrived at the location. One of the female police officers put a wire on Ava. 

'We will need a safety code.' Jay said. 'When you and Sara are close, we will rush in and help.' 

'Vanilla ice cream.' Ava said. 

'That will be fine.' Jay said. 

Connor stepped in front of her. 

'If anything happens to me, take care of our children.' Ava hugged him. 

'Nothing is going to take you away from me again.' Connor said. 

'I love you.' Ava knew that this would be risky; she hugged him even tighter. 

'I love you too.' Connor kissed her. 'Be safe.' 

'I am Dr Bekker.' Ava said, just like when they first met, she was determined and tough.

'It's 7 p.m.' One of the officers said. 

Ava and Connor nodded at each other. 

Then, Ava walked toward the factory by herself. 

This is the third last chapter of this story!