Chapter 23

Connor's place

It is two days later and Ava is about to fly back to Seattle in one day. They all went to Connor's house and set up Natasha's room.

Connor painted the wall in Natasha's room lilac purple. They put the bed in the middle of the room against the wall, then the bedside table next to it. A set of desk and chair next to the door. Connor put the set of drawers in the walk-in wardrobe. They also hanged the curtain up, decorated the room with little girls things, such as ballerina picture and flowers.

After they were done, they both throw themselves on the couch while Natasha played with her new toys on the floor.

'So, just remember that she needs to eat most of her vegetables, and she always eats fruit in the morning or afternoon. She had no allergic but she hates peanut. I know that both of you like sugar but just try not to give her so much, please... and ...'

'Ava, trust me.' Connor said and grab her hand. 'You already wrote me an entire folder of what I need to do.'

'Sorry, it just... It is the first time that I am leaving her for so long.' Ava closed her eyes and lowered her head and sighed.

'We will be fine.' Connor lifted her head up. 'Trust me, and enjoy yourself with your friends back there. Have a girl night and relax.'

'Thanks, Connor.' Ava said with a smile.

'Anything for my girl.' Connor smiled back at her.

'Why don't you cook tonight?' Ava smirked. 'Just to make me feel better, please?'

'Avey...' Connor tried to make the same puppy eyes as Natasha.

'That only work for Natasha.' Then she turned to ask Natasha. 'Sweetheart, should daddy cook tonight?'

'Yes, please! Daddy, please?' Natasha had sparkles in her eyes when she looks at Connor.

Connor could not resist those eyes and sigh. 'Ok...'

'Come on, cheer up! I will walk you through how to make her favourite spaghetti.' Ava stood up and start walking toward the kitchen.

Connor smiles and followed her.

In the kitchen

Ava was teaching Connor how to cook the pasta first.

'You boil the water first and then add salt once it's boiled.' Ava said the instruction.

Connor put the water in the pot and tried to boil it.

'You know it will be quicker if you boil it in the kettle then pour it in the pot.' Ava said.

'You could have led with that.' Connor looked at her.

Then, Ava taught him how much pasta he should put in.

'You need to stir it, so it doesn't stick.' Ava passed him a pair of tongs.

'Ok...' Connor started to stir the spaghetti, but he probably put too much water in the pot and the boiling hot water splashed on the back of his hand. 'Ouch.'

'Are you ok?' Ava grabbed his hand immediately and put it under the tap, she rinsed his hand and hold it close to her face. 'It is all red. Do you have any medicine for burns?' She blew cold air on it gently.

Natasha heard the noise and walked in. 'Mommy?'

'Hey, baby. It's ok, do you mind get me a glass of ice?'

'Ok, mommy.' Natasha got her plastic cup and reached the ice maker with her tippy toes. 'There you go mommy.'

'Thank you, honey.' Ava took the cup of ice and pour it out on a tea towel, she put it on top of his hand and got him to sit on a chair. 'Hey, baby. Do you mind come to hold this for me? Just keep it on daddy's hand.'

'Ok.' Natasha ran to them and hold it on Connor's hand.

Then she went to got the first aid kit and found the cream for burn in it.

'Ava, it just a...' Connor tried to calm her down.

'You are a surgeon, Connor, your hands are important.' Ava explained it but her voice started to get a bit of panic.

'Avey, calm down.' Connor tried to comfort her. 'You will scare Natasha.'

Ava suddenly realised and look over to her. Natasha's face was a mix of worry and scared.

'Sorry, Natasha. Mommy is fine.' Ava said as Natasha ran to hug her.

Connor was so touched because Ava worried about him so much, at the same time he was happy that Ava cares about him so much. He put on the cream himself and showed Ava.

'Look, it is already getting better.' Connor looked at her like a kid that is trying to impress his parents. 'It is only a little bit of red.'

Connor facial expression made Ava laughed. However, Connor felt more relieved.

Ava finished making the spaghetti while Connor sat and watched. Not for long, Ava finished cooking and it is time for dinner. Natasha definitely likes the spaghetti, she ate the whole plate. Connor was still in awe of how good Ava's cooking is.

After they had dinner together and Ava was ready to leave.

'So, listen to daddy ok? Eat all your vegetable, not too many sweets and drink your milk. Take care of daddy and be a good girl.' Ava picked her up and said to her gently. 'Mommy will be back in a week.'

'I will miss you, mommy.' Natasha buried her head in Ava's neck.

'I love you so much.' Ava kissed her and then hug her even tighter. She passed Natasha to Connor.

'Ava, we will be fine.' Connor took Natasha and then held her hand, he pulled her in and they share a hug. Connor holding Natasha with one hand and wrapped his arms around Ava's waist. 'I love you both.' He kissed both of them on their forehead.

Ava blushed and then quickly moved away from Connor. Apparently she still not as comfortable yet. 'I will see you two in a week.'

Then they walk Ava down and wait for her to get in the cab. 

However, out of Connor surprised, Natasha started crying. 

'OK, darling, Natasha, honey. Mommy will be back.' Connor was so nervous and didn't know what to do. 

'Daddy...' Natasha buried her head in Connor's shoulder. 

'Hey, we can always call her and video chat.' Connor tried to calm her down with the gentlest voice he can use. 

'Promise?' Natasha lifted her head up and look at Connor with a stuffy nose. 

'Promise.' Connor used his finger to wipe the tear on Natasha's face gently. 

Hello friend, I want to say thank you again for all your lovely comments! 

For the next few chapters, there may be some um... I don't know what but I want you all to know that this fanfic will used a lot of characters from other shows. We already had characters like Meredith, Teddy and Nic. I am only using the character from the show and it is completely off the script. So the timeline will be completely off too. However, I will use the characteristic of what the show was already given to them. I hope this makes sense.

So the couple will be:

Ava and Connor (of course)

Nic and Conrad (I do love them)

Nat and Will (I don't feel anything but I think most of you will be happy this way)

Mer and Derek (God, I really hope he still alive)

Teddy and Owen (Just because I want to use Allison)

Amelia and Link (they are cute and I also want to use her son) 

There will be more to come. 

Love you all!