Chapter 14

In the cab

Ava was still thinking about what Connor said, what Teddy said and Natasha. Then she came up with one question. Should she give Connor a second chance, for her and Natasha?

She arrived at Kat's house. And as she opens the door, Kat came towards her.

'Hey, shhh... Natasha is sleeping.' Kat whispered.

'Good job, for putting her in bed.' Ava took off her shoes. 

'Do you want anything to drink?' Kat asked. 'I am going to make coffee.'

'Yes, please. Apparently I have some homework to do since I am visiting Chicago med tomorrow.' Ava said as she walked in the house. 'But I guess I don't because I was from there. And...'

'Um... Ava?' Kat interrupted her. 'Are you OK?' 

'Yeah.' Ava closed her eyes for a few seconds and took a deep breath. 'I just had a long night. I am going to have a shower. Good night.'

'Night.' Kat said. She looks at Ava and sighed. 

After Ava had a shower, she went to check on Natasha. 

Natasha was talking in her sleep.

'Vanilla ice cream.' Natasha mumbled.

Ava smiled, she fixed the blanket that Natasha kicked off. She kissed her on the forehead. 

'I love you.' Ava whispered.

'Love u too.' Natasha mumbled again. 

Ava went back to her room and read the email that Teddy sent her. However, she saw on the notice that the attendings will not be attending the tour due to a conference. 

Ava let out of long breath. He is not going to be there. She is not ready...

Next day

'Lucky I am having a day off today.' Kat said.

'Well, thank you. Teddy only hit me with that new last night.' Ava packed her bag and ready to put her shoes on. 

'Mommy, can I come with you?' Natasha ran to Ava and cuddled her. 

'Sorry honey, Mommy is going to work and you stay with auntie Kat, I promise you I will come back as soon as I can.' Ava kissed her on the top of her head. 'And I will bring home ice cream.'

'Vanilla?' Natasha looked up and Ava can see the sparkle in her eyes. 

'Vanilla.' Ava put her forehead against Natashas' and she touched her nose with her owns.

Chicago Med.

'Welcome to Chicago Med.' Goodwin greeted the doctors that came from Grey Solan including Ava and Teddy. 

They started the tour around the hospital, they went to the CT floor, the wards and the ED. Where Ava was spotted by some familiar faces. 

'Ava!' Maggie saw her first.

'Maggie.' Ava smiled at her. 

'Come here girl, give me a hug.' Maggie hugged her. 'We missed you back here.' 

'Ava.' April saw her too. 

'April...' 

Ava talked to Natalie as well but soon they got interrupted. 

'Massive car crash coming in.'  Maggie said. 

'Nice to see you Ava, but we need to work.'  Natalie said.