Chapter 33

After Connor called his contact, they found out the Cornelius took Natasha back to Rhodes's family house. 

Ava and Connor both took the afternoon off and rushed to the house. 

Rhodes's family house

'Granddad, where are mommy and daddy?' Natasha asked. 

Cornelius brought her here and asked the maid to give her a piece of cake, then he watched her playing the toys he bought and waited for Ava and Connor. 

After the dinner the other night, Cornelius found out the Natasha is his granddaughter, the PI told him that Connor's name was on the birth certificate. He knew that there is no way the Ava and Connor will let him sees Natasha. 

However, soon after he found out, Lisa offered him the plan and of course, Lisa only told him about half of her plan. She left the calling to threaten Ava out. 

Maybe there is still some good in him, he knew that Lisa like Connor but after finding out the Natasha is his granddaughter, he guessed what Lisa was up to, so he left his name at the daycare.

*Ding dong 

The doorbell rang.

After the maid opened the door, Ava and Connor both ran in to find Natasha. 

'Natasha?' Ava and Connor called her name. 

'Mommy!' Natasha heard Ava's voice, so she rushed down the stairs and went to find her. 

'Oh, my baby.' Ava picked her up after Natasha ran towards her. 'Are you ok?' 

'I am fine.' Natasha was confused because she didn't understand why Ava was so worried. 

'Oh my god, you gave us a heart attack.' Connor walked over and wrapped his arms around both of them. 

'What? Afraid that I will hurt her?' Cornelius slowly walked down the stairs.

'After what happened to me, what do you think?' Ava put her hand on Natasha's head and gently placed Natasha's head on her shoulder. She didn't want Natasha to listen to all of these. 

'I am not sick.' Cornelius said. 

'Yeah, trying to take your son's girlfriend?' Connor replied as he stood in front of Ava. 'For that, we lost each other for three years and I miss three years of my daughter growing up.'

Cornelius was speechless. 

'And why would you threaten Ava like that?' Connor asked. 

'Wait, what? Threaten her?' Cornelius was confused. 

'She got a call, telling her to leave me, leave Chicago.' Connor saw his confusion but he thought it may be just another trick that his father pulled. 

'This is ridiculous, I have never done such a thing.' Cornelius defended himself. 

Connor and Ava both looked at each other. Somehow they both think that Cornelius was not lying. 

'Daddy?' Natasha broke the silence in the room. 'I am hungry.' 

'We will go to dinner soon.' Connor comforted her. Then he turned back to Cornelius. 'Leave our family alone.' 

Cornelius didn't say anything but from his face, there is a slight of regret. He watched them leave the house and he didn't have the courage to ask them to stay. From that moment, something inside him started to change.

On their way back home. 

Connor and Ava were both thinking about it in silence, Natasha who fell asleep in the back seat.