Chapter 26

After Ava finished packing all her thing, she moved back to Chicago. 

Airport, Chicago

Ava just passed the security with a small suitcase in her hand. 

'Mommy!' 

Ava heard a familiar voice and a small body rushing towards her. It was Natasha, Ava got down to her level, then Natasha cuddled her. 

'Hey baby, I miss you so much.' Ava buried her head in Natasha's little shoulder. She had never been away from her for this long. 

'Miss you too.' Natasha snuggled Ava. 

Connor walked next to them and took the suitcase off Ava's hand. Then just watch the two of them catches up. 

They went to get Ava's other luggage and walked to the carpark together. 

Connor put all the luggage into the boot and Ava helped Natasha to get in her baby seat. As usual, Connor was driving and Ava sat at the passenger seat next to him. She wanted to sit next to Natasha before, but the back seat was a mess, well mostly toys and clothes for Natasha. 

On the whole way home, Natasha would not stop talking and telling Ava what Connor and she did for the past few days.

The warm afternoon sunlight shines through the window and created a beautiful atmosphere for this family. 

After they arrived at Ava's apartment, Connor helped her to put everything away, then clean for a bit. He didn't go home right away, Connor stayed behind and cooked dinner. Well not really, he was assisting Ava because cooking is still not his strongest. They played with Natasha a bit more, then put her in bed. 

'Good night mommy, good night daddy.' Natasha said. 

'Good night baby.' Ava said then she kissed Natasha on her forehead. 

'Good night sweetheart.' Connor kissed her too. 

'Lullaby?' Natasha asked. 

'Sure sweetheart.' Ava said. 

'Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly, Lavender's green. When I am king, dilly, dilly, You shall be queen...' 

Surprisingly, Ava and Connor started singing and sang the same song together. They looked at each other, but soon they just go with it. 

Not for long, Natasha went into dreamland. 

Ava and Connor quietly got out of her room. Finally, this was the first time today that they have some alone time together. 

'Coffee?' Ava asked. 

'Yes please.' Connor said but soon he got back up. 'I will go get it, you take some rest.' 

'Connor...' Ava was going to say something but Connor got to the kitchen before her, so she sat back down. 

Connor got two cups of coffee out then they both sat on the couch. 

'Thank you for being here today and taking care of Natasha.' Ava said. 

'It's ok, and I should. She is my daughter.' Connor looked at her. 

'Anyway, thank you.' Ava looked back to him. 'Are you working tomorrow?' 

'Yeah, I have a 6 am shift tomorrow.' Connor said as he looked at his watch, it was 11 pm already. 'I should probably go home now and take some rest.' 

'Why don't you stay?' Ava asked. 'It is late and you are tired, driving home will be dangerous.' 

'Ava are you sure?' Connor asked. He doesn't mind staying at her place, they were friends before, and they were a couple then, now there is Natasha, who is keeping these two connected. 

'Connor, I meant it when I said we can try again.' Ava said. 

'Ava...' Connor was so touched. 'Do you have an extra blanket, I can sleep on the couch.' So he decided to stay. 

'My bed is big enough to fit both of us in.' Ava finished off her coffee and walked to the sink. 

'Ava, are you sure?' Connor can't believe his ears. 

'We are just sleeping, that's it.' Ava said. 'What? Don't tell me that you are shy right now?' 

'No, just I don't have clean clothes.' Connor explained. 

'Yeah, I found that I accidentally took a set of your clothes when I move.' Ava walked to her suitcase and took out a set of loungewear. 'I thought it was mine, and for some reason, I never throw it away.' 

'Oh, ok...' Connor said. 

The silence continues, the atmosphere was awkward but steamy. Ava took a shower first, then Connor took one right after her. 

After having a shower, Ava was reading a book in bed. When Connor came out, he joined her. 

The night was quiet and nothing had actually happened. However, it was like their body remember each other. In their sleep, Ava slowly curved towards Connor and laid her head on Connor's chest. On the other hand, Connor wrapped his arms around her and put his chin on the top of Ava's head. 

Next morning

Ava was so tired because of all the travel, so she was still asleep when Connor woke up. 

Connor woke up seeing his and Ava cuddling each other, he smiled and gently kissed Ava on her forehead without waking her up. He moved her head back on the pillow and quietly got out of bed. Then he went to brush his teeth with the new toothbrush that Ava gave him last night, then got changed into the clothes he was wearing yesterday. Connor decided to go straight to the hospital because he has clean clothes in his locker. 

He knew that Ava will get up soon, so he prepares a cup of coffee and breakfast for her. He put the coffee and the breakfast in the oven then wrote her a note: 

'Good morning beautiful! Breakfast is ready for you and they are in the oven, just heat it up and enjoy. Tell Natasha good morning and I love her. 

Thank you for letting me in again, I love you and I will prove it.

Call me when you are free today.' 

Connor put the note on the bedside table, then kissed Ava's forehead again and whisper. 'I love you.'  

He also went to Natasha room and did the same thing, then he left the house. 

Ava woke up in about a half an hour after Connor left. She saw the note and smiled. Walked out of the bedroom and found the breakfast in the oven. She heated it up and ate it with happiness. She carefully put the note away and said to herself, 'I love you too.' 

Sorry about the late update, I actually got really busy today. 

Next chapter probably will have a small time jump, maybe. But there will be a big thing coming soon and their relationship will have a bigger leap. 

Love you all!