Chapter 9

3 Years later...

'Mommy! Is Allison here yet?' A little girl ran out of her room and headed straight to the kitchen. 

'Peaches, your birthday party is at 3 o'clock, it's only 2:30 now.' The woman who was cutting cheese on the cutting board looked up to the clock. 

'Is a princess tea party and I can't wait.' She ran to the couch and collapsed.

'Why don't you go change your clothes?' She answered patiently while she put the cheese into the plate. 

'Ok!' The little girl ran back to her own room like a little bullet. 

The woman shook her head and smiled. 

Little girl finished changing and she is now in a beautiful pink dress. She went up to the table and tried to reach for the juice bottle, she was right up on the tip of toes. She grabbed the bottle while the doorbell rang. So she left it on the table, however, it fell off because it was so close to the edge of the table. 

'Sweetheart, your friend is here.' 

'I am coming.' She put the bottle down and ran again. 

'Allison!' She gave her friend a big hug. 

'Natasha!' Allison hugged her back. 

Just while they were hugging...

'Natasha Nicole Bekker!' An angry voice came from the kitchen. 

Yes, Natasha Nicole Bekker, Ava Bekker's daughter. Natasha was born three years ago today. She became the most important person in Ava's life. Her nickname was peaches because when Ava hit her second trimester, she was having the worst craving of peaches. It was on her grocery list every time and she had to have at least one every day. Kat was shock all the time about how much peaches Ava consumes when she visited her. 

Three years ago, Ava left Chicago and came to Seattle, where she met new people and had new friendships. For example, Dr Teddy Altman, who was also pregnant when Ava arrived. Her little girl Allison was born two months earlier than Natasha. 

Teddy became Ava's best friend in Grey Sloan since they are both CT surgeon and have daughters in the same age. They see each other at work, dropping the girls in daycare and they even joined the mommies and babies activities together. 

Ava also met other friends, Meredith Grey, Miranda Bailey and the other. 

'Natasha, what did you do this time?' Teddy walked in the door.

'She spilled the juice again.' Ava said looking down at Natasha. 'How are you.' 

'I am good, Allison can't wait.' Teddy smiled.

'So does Natasha.' Ava closed the door behind her. 'I put some paper towel on the floor already. Can you go wipe it clean please.' 

'I am sorry mommy.' Natasha lowered her head. 'I will go now.'

'Good girl.' Ava patted her head. She can't really get mad with her baby girl. 

'I will help.' Allison followed Natasha. 

'Where are the others?' Teddy asked. 

'Meredith is coming with Ellis, apparently, Zola was too old to do tea party and Bailey doesn't want to come because is a girl thing. She needs to settle them first. Some girls from daycare are coming, Jane, Lacey...' Ava walked in the house with Teddy.

'How are you with food.' Teddy put her bag down on the couch. 

'I just finished the cheese platter.' Ava shrugged. 'I still need to do the juice and fruit salad. Also other food.' 

'Well let me help you.' Teddy said as she entered the kitchen. 

'Thank you so much.' Ava said. 'I really need an extra pair of hand today.'

This is the first time that Ava has hosted a party.

'We are friends, Ava.' Teddy laughed. 'And we are way past that.' 

Not for long, the food was ready and the other kids had arrived. Kids were playing in the garden while the mums were having a chat. 

'Do you know what your mommy does, Allison?' Natasha asked while she was playing sand with Allison and Ellis. 

'I know. My mommy is a CT and trauma surgeon.' Allison said. 

'What about your daddy?' 

'He is a surgeon too.' Allison tilted her head. Although she didn't know or understand what are the words, such as CT, trauma and surgeon actually stand for, she knew that her parent saves life and work in the hospital. 

'My mum is a general surgeon and my daddy is a neurosurgeon.' Ellis who is older can clearly state her parents work. 

'I know mommy is a CT surgeon. She said she works on people heart. But my daddy...' Natasha said. Ava had told Natasha about her job and what she operates on. However, she had never mention Connor, not much. She only told Natasha that Connor is working somewhere else and she can go see him when she is older. 

'You don't know?' Allison asked. 

'No, my mommy never talked about it.' Natasha sighed. 

'Why don't we ask her now?' Ellis came up with an idea. 

So the girls just run to the adults, where Ava, Teddy and Meredith were having a conversation. 

'Excuse me, mommy.' Natasha looked up to Ava. 

'Don't you have good manners.' Meredith said. 

'Thank you, auntie Mer.' Natasha said, then she turned back to Ava. 'Mommy, what does daddy do?' 

Hearing Natasha mentions Connor, Ava froze for a minute. Teddy and Meredith sort of know what happened between Ava and Connor, so when Natasha popped the question, they both have the 'oh no' looks. 

'Your daddy is a surgeon, honey.' Ava stroke her hair. She hated to say it but that the truth. 'Like your aunt Teddy, he is a CT and trauma surgeon.' 

Natasha went quiet and stopped asking. As a three-year-old, she is a clever girl. She felt her mother's emotion had changed, so she stopped asking. 

Later that day

The party was finished, everyone went back home. Ava tucked Natasha in bed, read her story until she fell asleep. Looking at her little face, Ava was wondering to herself, she is getting older and getting to know more stuff. Natasha has never asked about Connor before, but today she really surprised her. 

However, there is one thing Ava worried about. Is that if Connor knows, will he takes Natasha from her...