Chapter 21

After both Ava and Connor finished their sandwich, Natasha still on her second half.

'Mommy...' Natasha looked at Ava.

'You wanted ice cream.' Ava knew what's that mean. She can't finish the sandwich. However, Ava wanted to teach her that she should have a regular diet.

'Daddy...'

'Connor...'

'Sweetie, listen to your mother...'

Natasha sat back down and taking slow bits of the sandwich. Ava stood up and went to the bathroom.

'Hey, Natasha.' Connor said and opened his mouth, pointed with his finger indicate Natasha to put the rest of the sandwich in his mouth.

Natasha quickly put the sandwich in his mouth and smirked with him.

When Ava came back, Connor had swallowed the sandwich and Natasha was drinking out of her bottle.

After a short rest, they all lied on the floor. Ava and Connor were lying side by side and Natasha in the middle. Somehow, Ava started tickling Natasha, and the two girls started tickling each other, then soon Connor joins them.

They went to get ice cream, of course, vanilla flavour. They only had one size and it was not small, so they shared it.

'I thought you like sweet.' Connor said.

'My taste bud changed since I was pregnant with her.' Ava replied and looked down to Natasha. 'I don't mind sweet, as long as it is not too much like you vanilla latte.'

They looked at each other and both laughed. 

After having ice cream, they are ready to head home.

Connor held the basket on one hand and held Natasha on the other. Natasha other hand was linked to Ava's. They continue giggling on their way. This is a perfect family.

On their way home, Natasha fell asleep in the car.

'I know you ate the rest of her sandwich.' Ava said.

'Wait, what? How?'

'When she doesn't want to finish her meal, it will usually take her about 30 minutes to finish it.' Ava said. 'Besides, you had some tomato sauce on the side of your mouth. Her sandwich was the only one with the sauce.'

'Sorry, she seems so full.' Connor apologised.

'It's ok, my dad did that as well. I guess it's a father's thing.' Ava giggled. 

'Ava...' 

'She had fun today, so did I.' Ava said. 

Not for long, they arrived home. They carried the picnic basket and Natasha up. Just when they enter the house. Natasha woke up. Ava helped her to wash her face. Connor help put everything away and ready to leave. 

'Daddy, are you leaving now?' Natasha walked out of her room rubbing her eyes and holding a teddy bear in her arms. 

'Yeah, sweetheart. But I will be back tomorrow and we will go shopping.' Connor picked her up again. 

'Ok, I love you.' Natasha said and kissed Connor. 

'I love you too.' He kissed her back on her cheek. Then he let Natasha go. 

'I will see you tomorrow.' Ava said to him. 

'Yeah see you tomorrow.' Connor said. 

'Wait.' Ava stopped him going. She walked towards him and kissed his cheek. 'Drive safe.' 

'Ava.' Connor was so surprised and after he came out from the shock.

'See you tomorrow.' Connor said again with a suspected blush on his cheek.

'See you tomorrow.' Ava said as she leaned against the door.

Next day shopping mall

After Connor picked up Ava and Natasha at their house again like yesterday, they went to the shopping mall.

'So, we will need a bed, some more clothes, child protection thingy and... let's just follow the list.' Ava holding a long list that she wrote last night. 

'I clean out one of the room down next to my bedroom, you remember that one?' Connor was holding Natasha who is playing with his face. 

'That one, yeah.' Ava still had those fond memories. 

'I re-painted, it is completely empty and ready to be decorated by little miss here.' Connor said to Ava and tickled Natasha.

'Daddy, stop it, hahaha.' Natasha laughed.

They ordered the bed, a set of drawers and a bedside table. Then they went to the other shop and got more decorative stuff, as well as some new clothes for Natasha. They laughed and played the whole way, people will look over to see this happy family. 

Connor thought that Ava had changed. She smiled more, he knew that when they were together before, Ava was always had a tough side, but something changed.

They put all the shopping in their car and ended up at a restaurant for lunch. After they sat down, Ava took Natasha to the ladies room.

In the ladies room 

Ava was waiting next to the sink while Natasha was using the toilet. Someone opened the door and came.

'Dr Bekker?' A woman called her name. 

Ava turned around and saw her, but she didn't recognise her. 'I am sorry, do I know you?' 

'I am Lisa.' She said. Lisa was not happy that Ava didn't recognise her. 'We met at the award ceremony, I was with Dr Rhodes.' 

'Oh, yeah. Sorry.' Ava said but she didn't actually remember. She was so focused on avoiding Connor that day and so many things happened that night. 

'Mommy! I am done.' Natasha's voice interrupted their conversation. 

'I am coming.' Ava replied. 'Excuse me.' She said to Lisa. 

After they finished, Ava took Natasha out and wash their hands. Lisa just came out as well. 

'Nice see you, Lisa.' Ava smiled at her and they left.

Leaving Lisa in curiosity, 'She had a daughter, I wonder Connor know it.' Then she went out and went the opposite way of Ava. 

Just something I would like to bring up real quick here.

1. I know that I said before that Connor cut the relationship with his father, so he probably not a rich boy anymore, but just keep in mind that both him and Ava are surgeon, attendings. So the two of them would not worried about any money issue.

2. Lisa and they are in the same restaurant, but they are in different sides of the room, also Lisa is rich so she will be in a room or something, that why she didn't see them sitting together. I didn't specifically say that because I don't think that is important, and I want to focus more on Ava and Connor.

Lastly, I hope you all stay safe at home during this crazy stuff going around and I love reading all of your comments.